I hate when things go wrong!

Honda4Life

Reaction score
So I changed out the regulator and motor on my drivers side door yesterday due to the old motor dying on me. But I have a problem...

Every time I roll up the window the back side of the wondow (towards the seatbelt) seems to roll up faster than the front side of the window so I do not get a nice seal. There is a small gap open so I feel as though water will get in because the wind noise is super annoying!

Did I install it wrong? Is it the regulator?

I lubed up the side where the windows roll up and seems to help a little but now it's crappy again!

HELP PLEASE cause it's going to rain tomorrow! :(

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Working in the door is such a pita. Sounds like you didn't put it back together exactly as it was before you took it apart. Something must be mounted incorrectly to make part of the window go up faster than the other.

slowrider87

Reaction score
you may have skipped a tooth when meshing the regulator with the motor.

also check the guides in the door. make sure it's not binding or bent, or if theres a rubber strip make sure it's on all the way (i don't remember if our car have that strip)

Honda4Life

Reaction score
I didnt mess with the motor...the piece came with the motor installed...it was all in one piece...i just had to take the screws out...

I'm thinking one of two things...

a) Maybe the window is not sitting properly

b) I need a new molding for the window to sit in...

Either way i'm not a happy camper right now! :\

Any other ideas?!

CG6>YourCar

Reaction score
One side of the window is going up faster than the other? Grease up the rails then let me know if that helped. Don't lube it up, grease it up.

Honda4Life

Reaction score
hmm... what brand is the replacement?

Dorman...I purchased it off Amazon. It was the regulator with the motor included.

One side of the window is going up faster than the other? Grease up the rails then let me know if that helped. Don't lube it up, grease it up.

I used WD40 and it seems as though it helped so your logic sounds right but I am unaware as to what brand or kind of grease to use?

CG6>YourCar

Reaction score
Dorman...I purchased it off Amazon. It was the regulator with the motor included.

I used WD40 and it seems as though it helped so your logic sounds right but I am unaware as to what brand or kind of grease to use?

WD-40 will only last so long.. As for which grease to use, I can't remember the brand off the top of my head so I'm of no help there.

Back