I have a problem.

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
Here it is..
I noticed that my tires are starting to get worn. So I was going to put on an extra set of wheels that I have now. Ok, so I got everything ready. I started with the front wheel. As I begin to loosen up the lugnuts, one of them was giving me a hard time. I assumed it was stripped and I didnt know wat to do. So I kept of trying to turn it hoping it will come loose. Next thing you know the lugnut is just spinning loosely. I kept on spinning it but it just keeps spinning. Like its still stuck in there but its still spinning. I tried to pull the wheels out but that one part is stuck. Now I have no idea whats wrong or what to do. I dont know if I explained it very well but I hope someone can help me. This is my only car and I need it for school and work. HELP MEEE!! :skurred:

jackhunt321

Reaction score
probably stripped.

you could run on 3 lugs for a few weeks atleast if you don't beat on it.

most of the time the nut strips before the stud. keep oil on your lug nut threads.

Kthxbye ;)

lwlba

Reaction score
iono about keepign the oil on lug nut threads.... will probably help loosen it.. but iono about keeping them on there.... have u tried penetrating oil and stuff? probably wont help now... but juz wondering

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
Man i had a lot of problems like this on my 240.....lugnut either stripped or ur ur stud is stripped..thats why i keeps spinnin...if its anythin like that ...i jacked the 240 up till i was able to get under the wheels and bang the stud out...if u have an air compressor with a lug nut remover that should help u get the lugnut off...where in so-cal are u...i might be able to stop by and lend a hand this weekend

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
I am located in Murrieta. How would i be able to bang the stud out? the stud and the lugnut are spinning together.. i can literally move both of them in and out but it is like something is holding it back from coming out..SIGH**

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
Damn Murrieta is far.....i had the same exact problem with my 240 awhile back...i drove it on 3 studs to my friends house and he used his air compressor and we were able to get the lugnut off...then banged and replaced the stud and got new lugnuts as well.....

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
Well, the thing is that the stud and the lugnut is stuck and they are both spinning and i tried to pull it out but it wont. something is holding it back.. so i dont know how an air compressor will take it out.. man this is such a drag.. i had all the other 4 lugnuts out and i tried to pull the wheel out but it was soo stubborn. I think it will be expensive to take it to the shop. I'm broke as of right now... this sucks

MikeyMike

Reaction score
the stud came lose, you gotta get that to a shop and prob cut off.. the stud is just pulled through the hub and then it "locks" into place by the pressure of the lug nut going on it. the lug nut pulls it into the hub.

weird that it happen tho, 1st time ive heard it. ive heard of lug nuts breaking off w/ the stud still in it. but never the stud coming lose.

Back