I hope Wildman's ok...Va Tech killings

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
jdmgear said:
Glad your OK Cody
This is a such a sad day. my thoughts and prayers go out to the families of those students.
It amazes me how there was the initial shooting and the campus did NOT go into lock down and they thought that the shooter left the school..WTF
I have a feeling that there will be some students that will be transferring because of this.

Virginia Tech isn't just a college to those who go here. They have cancelled classes for the rest of the week, and my family is a little upset with me for not coming home but they don't understand that I also have a family here, a family that has gone through all of this with me and who will also remember it forever as we walk around campus.

Its eerie seeing video clips of all of this on the national news. And for most of us all we can think when we see those clips is that we walk by that building every day, how we know every building and sidewalk of our home here.

Everyone is deeply saddened by this, but the sense of family I was speaking of is because of how we all band together. As hokies we are supporting each other and our administration. Do I think the school handled things as well as possible? No. But I also know that they have done an excellent job handling tragedies in the past, and I trust them to learn from this. There won't be any Hokies transferring.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Was just on Fox news reading about the guy who did all the killing...He was very disturbing esp some of his writings for class...Glad to hear your ok though Cody. My prayers have been with you and the rest of VT. No school deserves to go threw something like this and i can not even begin to imagine what it feels like.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Cody, i'm glad you are ok. Please make sure to stay sane. Please make sure you take care of any friends who are struggling. Be sure to talk about it, make sure that not only you can cope with everything but also those around you.

My condolances to all the dead, i pray for all the families. I hope the seriously injured will be able to live normal lives.

This is such a crazy thing. I have lost my best friend in my college years, same with my little brother, same with one of my really good friends. Even that is really hard to take in, i still struggle sometimes 4 years latter. I can't image what it's like for those who will have their classes canceled or changed because their professor is dead, or too many in their classes died. That is exponetially harder than what i went though, i'm sure people have similar experiences. I'm actually very heartbroken because i just think how much longer the road is for these people, much less the familes.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
it sucks that it takes a tragedy like this for schools to think about emergency procedures :(

cody, good to hear youre ok (and dv8, even though he didnt post over here yet). i hope you all make it through and life can get back to normal sometime soon :)

Back