I know it hurts, BUT IT FEELS SO GOOD!!!

justvtec

Reaction score
OK guys check me out. The other day i was coming home from work, and i got to thinkin ( :( auto tranny :mad: ) that every time i floor it from dig from D4. 1st gear tops @38-40, 2nd gear 68-70,3rd gear 105ish,4th SLOW. Any who, i was goin 25 in d4, and i decieded to do a experiment.SO i let the gas go DROP it in 1st and punch it,and my RPMs jumped from :eek: 2500 to 6000 :eek: like that in a split second. So when i see the needle at 6000 i put it in 2nd and it shifts @ 6500.But what iam trying to say is that i have never felt my car jump up so fast and loud!!!!!!!!!! Now i know that ever time that i do that to my car iam hurtin the tranny right. But it feels SO GOOD :D HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
mine does that when im in d4 going 25? haha, the speeds itll pul at right off the bat are 25 and 55. idk about higher, but i think its around 80ish.

wg2k7

Reaction score
yea i know exactly what you mean. if i put it in 1 at like 10-15 mph and floor it, itll knock you back into the seat as hard as my friends gto. it also sounds really sweet. ive never dropped it from 4th to 1st but it cant be that bad. sometimes i like to start from a light in 1 and shift whenever i want, its nice having control. I WISH THE V6 HAD A MANUAL!!!!!!!!

Here4U2nv151

Reaction score
You better take it easy on that V6 tranny. Next thing you know that tranny will be laying in the middle of the street. But it is a good excuse to get a CL-S 6spd tranny or a Dr. Evil. If it were an I4 I would say the hell with it keep on doing it but considering that the V6 tranny is crap out of the box, I say you better be careful. But what the heck, it was fun while it lasted

Here4U2nv151

Reaction score
You better take it easy on that V6 tranny. Next thing you know that tranny will be laying in the middle of the street. But it is a good excuse to get a CL-S 6spd tranny or a Dr. Evil. If it were an I4 I would say the hell with it keep on doing it but considering that the V6 tranny is crap out of the box, I say you better be careful. But what the heck, it was fun while it lasted.

wg2k7

Reaction score
yea, but because its such a ****ty tranny honda usa offered to pay for a new one but they said theyd either pay for the tranny and not the install, or pay for all of it, but wouldnt tell me which one. so i feel pretty safe, although i dont wanna shell out 1k for labor.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Well, I have a manual and if I'm going 25mph in 2nd and then downshift back to 1st, my tach goes up to about 5K rpm's or so. But anything more than 25mph the shift gate doesn't let me go back into 1st.
My a manual tranny is made to do that....But an auto...HMMM, don't think so.
An auto is not made to be shifted manually. Bottom line.
Although a manual shift here and there won't hurt much. But a continuous manual shifting in an automatic will cause severe trans damage.

Back