I need to know can If do throttle body bypass and get rid of this

cj92

Reaction score
I want to get rid of that ugly thing that runs from the valve cover to intake and from thermostat housing to throttle body. I had planned on doing throttle body coolant bypass and was wondering can i put a cap on the the thermostat housing and a small filter on crankcase:thinking:

I tried uploading a pic of what I was talking about but couldn't get it to load no matter what size I made it

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Yeah. You can buy a little filter at any auto parts store.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong haha

cj92

Reaction score
Ok I have filter when I pull all this off can I just put a cap on the thermostat housing when I take that hose off

chaby_91

Reaction score
I don't know what the lower one does, but don't get rid of the one that goes from the valve cover to the intake. It is there to suck the vaporized oil from under the valve cover and burn it inside the engine.

Replacing it with a breather won't give you any kind of performance and it's very bad for the environement. Every single (stock) car has it.

cj92

Reaction score
Its all one piece how are you supposed to take one off without the other.. and will it hurt my car if I do this... and this may be bad for the environment but i cant be any worse then gutting your cat

chaby_91

Reaction score
Well yeah you shouldn't do it, but who cares if it looks better.

Seriously? This is probably the most ricer & least car savvy comment I've read in a while.

Its all one piece how are you supposed to take one off without the other.. and will it hurt my car if I do this... and this may be bad for the environment but i cant be any worse then gutting your cat

I don't see any good reason to gut your cat if you're not turbocharged. As for your question, buy a small metal pipe and connect the two hoses (or any device that will do the job).

Last edited:
Back