IACV Idle Air Control Valve

k3nnex

Reaction score
I went to Honda today and they said it's $270. Where can I find it for $115? I will clean it first thanks!

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
You dont even have to take the TB off, if you have a 90deg elbow for a phillips bit then you can take it off from underneath and leave all the TB stuff and gaskets intact.

Get some alcohol and Q-tips and your set to clean it.

k3nnex

Reaction score
Do you know if the IACV will solve these problems I been having? Sometimes my car would turn on and shut off right away or after a few secs of idling. Other times it would shut off when I reach a stop. And recently it shut off while I was driving!!

Also I cannot find the IACV on hondautomotiveparts.com do you guys know what component this would be under?

cajun

Reaction score
Do you know if the IACV will solve these problems I been having? Sometimes my car would turn on and shut off right away or after a few secs of idling. Other times it would shut off when I reach a stop. And recently it shut off while I was driving!!

Also I cannot find the IACV on hondautomotiveparts.com do you guys know what component this would be under?

At Bernardi's website (http://www.bernardiparts.com/SearchOptions.aspx) it's under "engine" and then "throttle body."

Have you had the iginition recall done yet?

k3nnex

Reaction score
yeah the ignition has been taken care of long ago. We don't believe that's the problem, we tested a few things on the ignition. We also tested the dizzy. The problem occurs randomly, so it's pretty hard to pinpoint exactly what is causing the problem.

Back