Ignition recall

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
So I had a terrible experience with the service department of DPatrick Honda of Evansville, Indiana. The guy said they won't cover the new ignition switch because it has already been replaced. I wasn't happy with how they treated me in the phone and I'm not paying 270 dollars for a new ignition switch.

So I called HondaUSA and filed a complaint against the guy I talked to at the dealership. Honda assured me they will replace it as many times as it goes bad. It is a recall of course. I told HondaUSA I'm not talking to anyone at the dealership because of the bad CS. HondaUSA is gonna contact the dealership and set my appointment to get my car fixed.

Gotta love going straight to the source and having a great customer service.

Three thumbs up for HondaUSA.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice. I've heard of this type of thing going either way, glad you are being taken care of. If only Honda had had that same mentality for the auto transmissions, or at least given people more than 7yrs/100k miles.

capsidx

Reaction score
Nice. I've heard of this type of thing going either way, glad you are being taken care of. If only Honda had had that same mentality for the auto transmissions, or at least given people more than 7yrs/100k miles.

Dude absolutely!!! My transmission feels like its dying more and more each day which in turn makes me feel the same way. That being said with what's right is right aside, could you imagine the sheer man hours and cost to replace all those transmissions :eh: . Not saying its justified for them to ignore it just saying it would be a LOT of work in my opinion lol. That being said I would love to walk into the dealership and say one new transmission please lol

Back