Illuminated Hazard Button

Alpha_Onion

Reaction score
I noticed that for some reason the red triangle on my hazard button does not light up, although it does on some other 6th-gens I've seen. And no, it's not a burnt out bulb. I'm wondering if I could just plug in a clock/hazard assembly with an illuminated button, and everything would work and the button would light up?

goldenchamp

Reaction score
What year is yours? I have an '01, and mine lights up. (I had to replace the bulb) I wonder if the '98-'00 doesn't have that.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
The light on mine has been out for a long time, and I can't remember since when lol. But I think I can live w/o it. :p

(If you ever change the bulb to an LED, it's good that you use the red one, instead of any other color, b/c non-red LED will illuminate the red triangle on the switch weird. ← I.e. using white LEDs for taillights looks funky.)

james'99

Reaction score
All of the buttons from 98-02 had a light in them. IIRC, I tried a spare clock bulb in my hazard button because the size looked the same but had a gray stalk and the bulb would go out upon hitting bumps and what not and come back at times. The correct bulb on the 98-00 is a green stalk.

Just wondering what led you to believe it isn't a burnt out bulb?

For a 98-00,

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=ACCORD&catcgry2=1999&catcgry3=2DR+EX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=SWITCH

S823B1110B.gif

The 01-02 use the same bulb. However, on Majestic, they have a listing for 2 different bulbs for #11 for the 2002. One is a couple bucks more and I'm not sure why. But this part number is listed for all years, 35861-S84-T01

Got a volt meter? Remove the bulb and test for voltage for the light on the button.

DizzyP

Reaction score
Mine was out for years I just thought it never was supposed to light up until I took out the clock set up and noticed that there was a bulb that was burnt out.

If it's not the bulb you can always get the clock assembly on eBay for like 30 bucks but even before that you could just crack that thing open and see if it's a bad solder joint or something. I've opened mine to replace the clear plastic over the clock display because mine was getting a little bit hazy it is too hard.

One other funky thing with lights is when my factory fog lights were installed the dude installed the fog light button upside down so the light was on the bottom of the button icon and install the wiring to the wrong way so it was hard to work with the getting the light assembly out so I fixed it.

Should have looked like this.

1e1274251deb85b0d1905d5ff2a55902.jpg

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
hmmm

wire in a flip-back LED, blue on lights, red on turn signals, so it flashes when used...

Alpha_Onion

Reaction score
So I checked it out, and turns out the previous owner screwed it up trying to modify it in some way. Guess I'll have to stop by a salvage yard...

Last edited:

DizzyP

Reaction score
Any idea what the previous owner was trying to do with it? The only electrical tweak I would do on that component would be to make the backlighting on the clock come on when the key is in the accessory position. I haven't got around to doing that one, not a big priority.

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

Back