Inner tail lights

ujinyuki

Reaction score
Hello to everyone, i just registered a few days ago but i have been reading your posts for almost a month now and i love it especially the diy section. I live here in asia and ive noticed that the inner tail lights of 98-00 dont have lights at all, only housing. Ive searched but no luck on how to modiy or put a bulb in inner tail light, please help me or even post pix, it will be a great help for me. Tnx and more power to you guys

ujinyuki

Reaction score
So sorry sir, its a sedan. Only the corner tail lights have bulbs , but the the inner ones ( attached in the trunk ) doesnt have bulbs even socket bulbs, hope you can give me pix on how to modify this:)

ujinyuki

Reaction score
no wirings. just an empty inner tail light shell. thats why i want to improvise it by putting bulb sockets in it. i hope someone can help me with this one... tnx

Simkid5614

Reaction score
Yep. Whereas the aussie cars, have the light ALL the way to the plate, where us USDM guys have it stop halfway to the plate, and It seems like, he has it just as tail lights and no inner trunk lamp

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You might be the pioneer on this one OP. I imagine you would need to make a pigtail that would tap into the lights going to the outer section [only the bulb(s) you need], and cut a hole in the housing for the bulb itself. Or you could put some LED's in there and tap those wires into the running/brake light wiring that goes to the outer section. You just need to make an apparatus that allows you to copy that signal and use it elsewhere.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
your inner tail lights are the shorter ones designed to work with a european style license plate, since it's much wider than the US style plates. they came from the factory with no bulbs in them, so you would have to drill your own holes and wire in your own lights.

Yep. Whereas the aussie cars, have the light ALL the way to the plate, where us USDM guys have it stop halfway to the plate, and It seems like, he has it just as tail lights and no inner trunk lamp

i've got no clue what you're talking about, australian cars have the same shortened inner trunk tail lights as i mentioned above...with no lights. there are no sedan tail lights with 'lights ALL the way to the plate'. feel free to post a picture if you have one, because in the 9 years i've been on 6th gen accord forums, i've never seen such a thing.

Back