installed leather seats in my car, now SRS light is on

theaccordian

Reaction score
so I installed leather seats, im assuming it came from an EX with full power, and side airbags in my SE. my oringal seats were cloth, with only height adjsutment and side airbags. I plugged everything in and now the SRS light wont go away. is the srs unit in my car and the seats not compatiable or something? how would I go about fixing this. im looking to sell my car soon and itll be impossible with the SRS light on and non fucntioning side airbags. also how would I go about powering the seat so I can use all the power adjustment?

SiReal

Reaction score
lemme guess. .. whilst the seats were out u switched the keys on 1 or 2 clicks?

if thats the case,

you basically triggered the SRS stuff to turn on, realised theres a broken circuit and hence the light.

what you need to do is an SRS ECU reset. its really easy. i'm sure there is a DIY on here somewhere.

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
I know 6th gens had problems with a bad side air bag sensor so that could be the problem also which i think was a recall from the dealer. It's going to take some wiring to get the seats to be power not a job for a noob for sure. I was lazy when i first did this and just swapped brackets from the non powered cloth seats :) and it worked I can live with out power seats.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back