Instrument cluster wont light up

jamievtec

Reaction score
The guy i bought the car from said he was putting in an aftermarket deck, and two wires touched and sparked. So i think he blew a fuse because the instrument cluster wont light up when i turn my lights on. But i tested every fuse and they are all good. So idk if its a relay or what? Any help?

DrOwZee

Reaction score
Your headlights are on but your cluster is out? how bout the radio light and clock? most likely your multiplexor

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
does your dash light not work too? as in the temperature gage and stuff around there

If it does not work. you probably blew the mutiplextor as mike or drowzee stated. ive blown mine. its the driver side. if your lucky you can find it on ebay for like 25 dollars. thats where i got mine. or cough up big bucks for junkyard or a new ones. 100 dollar more or less.
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16056&highlight=multiplexor

Last edited:

jamievtec

Reaction score
okay thanks! but yeah nothing in the dash lights up when i turn on my headlights. but the clock and radio do work

bcd7977

Reaction score
this is DEF your driver side multiplexer...some things you need to know. number one, you must match it up by year and trim level...contrary to some belief it does not matter if its from a two or four door. if your car is a 98-99 you must use a multi- from those years...an EX multi- will work for an ex or lx, but not visa-versa!!! do not try one from a 2000-2002, they are not the same!!!! goto a pick it urself junkyard and if your lucky enough to fing a compatible car, pull out the fusebox on drivers side and remove the little plastic box, this is the multiplexer...ive gotten them free that way cause it looks like nothing that way. oh yeah, there's a stamping on the box that says either S82 or S84...this must match your original too. good luck, peace.

sixthgencoupev6

Reaction score
ok so that happened to me before when i was doing my aftermarket radio I connected two wires but i forgot which ones I cant dim mine but it works and I had the same problems as you i was going crazy but let me look on my v6p.net form and i willl show you how to fix this issue

sixthgencoupev6

Reaction score
ok so that happened to me before when i was doing my aftermarket radio I connected two wires but i forgot which ones I cant dim mine but it works and I had the same problems as you i was going crazy but let me look on my v6p.net form and i willl show you how to fix this issue

K-DAWG

Reaction score
hmm my dash works fine but my radio light and clock dont work and its pissing me off

Latest posts

Back