insurance refusing to paint

flowhard

Reaction score
getting a lawyer involved or going to court is a LOSS for both parties involved almost everytime. At best you would be lucky to get what the stuff was actually worth. You get nothing for all the lost hours where you would have been making money. Plus after the lawyer get's his cut it will be a net loss to you.

this maggot is gonna string you along and I would not doubt if he was in on the whole thing. Stuff does not just get stolen from shops. It's clear his employees are morons and don't respect him or his business.

No joke this is the type of BS people get shot and stabbed over.
That's one reason i don't want lawyers involved, i guess I'll find out tomorrow when i call him. It may have been the guy that they fired because he wouldn't return my calls, delaying my car for 5 days. Or it could've been the crack head 20 diverging year old techs they have working there that looked nervous when i randomly walked in their shop and started looking through my car to see if anything else was stolen. Either way, it's gone now and i just want my money for what it was worth. They didn't document want kind of equipment i had for the system so i could've jipped them off and gotten more money but i was honest with my statements to them and it just sucks they can't cooperate when im trying to be nice. I guess honey doesn't attract more flies than vinegar, and if i get no answers tomorrow I'm going to be calling them every day until i get my money.

DizzyP

Reaction score
Your situation is just why small claims court is around. Might wanna look into it. You can sue for your loss in valuables plus a little thing called punitive damages, which is basically a dollar about awarded to you to teach the other party a lesson in hopes to not continue that same practice in the future - being it not lollygagging on making it right with customers, a better hiring process and/or protocol to figure out who did it (cameras, logging hours, etc.). So punitive damages-Just think of lady winning case of McDs coffee that spilled on her. Most types of cases like these are the "you don't pay unless we win" where the lawyer gets like 15% of the awarded amount, that is outside of small claims court. Instead of continually calling the business you might spend your time better by checking the Internets and calling a few lawyers that offer a free consult and see what they think. If a lawyer does want a retainer up front then I say pick his brain and move in to the next lawyer. Just options to consider. Good luck to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flowhard

Reaction score
Your situation is just why small claims court is around. Might wanna look into it. You can sue for your loss in valuables plus a little thing called punitive damages, which is basically a dollar about awarded to you to teach the other party a lesson in hopes to not continue that same practice in the future - being it not lollygagging on making it right with customers, a better hiring process and/or protocol to figure out who did it (cameras, logging hours, etc.). So punitive damages-Just think of lady winning case of McDs coffee that spilled on her. Most types of cases like these are the "you don't pay unless we win" where the lawyer gets like 15% of the awarded amount, that is outside of small claims court. Instead of continually calling the business you might spend your time better by checking the Internets and calling a few lawyers that offer a free consult and see what they think. If a lawyer does want a retainer up front then I say pick his brain and move in to the next lawyer. Just options to consider. Good luck to you.

Thanks for the info man, but like i said, I'd rather not do anything court wise because i don't have that time to spare. Great idea so if i do have to go that route I'll do that. And note that I've gotten my car back and I've talked to a few people, I've heard a coupe of stories about how they have screwed other people over. Wish i would've known before hand.

DizzyP

Reaction score
I would say let the BBB know and bad Yelp em. Whatever else to post on the Interwebs to help others know of your experience and keep business away from em too. We gotta look out for one another.

flowhard

Reaction score
I would say let the BBB know and bad Yelp em. Whatever else to post on the Interwebs to help others know of your experience and keep business away from em too. We gotta look out for one another.

Which is one reason I'm pretty glad i made this thread to at least warn you all of them, I'm not saying all of their locations are the same but they are a decent sized chain with 34 locations in Florida.

Back