Interior trim colours - ideas?

Ofoneaccord

Reaction score
Hey, I have a 2000 Accord coupe with the black leather interior but has the fake wood on door panels and centre console, which I hate. Just wondered if anyone has changed the colour on these and if you have pictures for inspiration. I was thinking about painting them black but think gloss might be a bit stark the rest is not that deep of a black.

Let me see what you've done!

cg4ever

Reaction score
Personally i love the woodgrain effect and color in the 6th gen, i even ordered the center console in woodgrain too because mine didn't had it from factory. My opinion is that if there were more things in wood like the steering, shift knob or around air vents and other stuff it would have been way too much but with the door panels, center console and around the shifter only it's just perfect imho, class and still not overloaded.

cg4ever

Reaction score
Actually when i got my first 6th gen which had the woodgrain console i never noticed it was a fake wood trim nor had think about it. Once i got my second 6th gen that didn't had the woodgrain console and was looking for one to install only then i realized that it was a simple plastic cover.. So yeah..was quite surprised i didn't noticed it was fake and to my eyes this woodgrain trim look really well made.

Other than that i think you will like the gun-metal trim that came on later 6th gens. Like this one below. I quite like it a lot but only with black interiors.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-01-02-...007441?hash=item1a0fd8aad1:g:gtYAAOSwv9hW5XwT

Also if you want your console black, just remove the woodgrain plastic cover, it only has adhesive on it and you should remove it pretty easely. After that clean your console to remove any residue.

Last edited:

jypatric

Reaction score
Another solution is wrapping them with carbon fiber vinyl for a sportier look.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I swapped my 98-00 woodgrain to the 01-02 silver trim - pics in my ride thread. But since there was no silver console/cupholder trim I left the woodgrain there. I think cars that had the silver HVAC/window switch trim came with matte black console trim. I had to change to an 01-02 climate control module, but keep the 98-00 hazard switch.

I have red perforated leather-look door panels for a coupe if you want them. I bought a set of extra OEM leather door panels and wrapped them. Extra roll of material included.

Ofoneaccord

Reaction score
I like the colour of that and might try something like that on the wood parts. My heater console is black and prefer it that colour. Thanks for the reply.

Ofoneaccord

Reaction score
I swapped my 98-00 woodgrain to the 01-02 silver trim - pics in my ride thread. But since there was no silver console/cupholder trim I left the woodgrain there. I think cars that had the silver HVAC/window switch trim came with matte black console trim. I had to change to an 01-02 climate control module, but keep the 98-00 hazard switch.

I have red perforated leather-look door panels for a coupe if you want them. I bought a set of extra OEM leather door panels and wrapped them. Extra roll of material included.

Thanks for the offer but my car is silver and not sure red would work for me unless I was planning to do more red I have thought about getting my sets redone at some point but budget not allowing that yet. I might head to a breakers yard and see what options are available on newer models...the silver trim would look good

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^I think the red interior door panels would look sweet in the black leather interior, that's why I mentioned it. Get an EP3 wheel with the red H logo and red stitching and maybe a shift knob or floormats with some red on them. Would make for a sweet interior I think. Just an idea.

Ofoneaccord

Reaction score
That doesn't sound too bad...do you have any pictures of them? Does an EP3 bolt on directly - what about cruise/airbags?

Back