Interior Vinyl Wrap

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for your input, always feels better to go ahead with a mod with support from fellow 6th GA owners. Probably looking at a mid summer time line, still can't decide whether I want to do it myself or hand it over someplace ... Leaning towards a DIY, since I don't trust that they'd remove the pieces to wrap around. Another option is that I remove all the pieces, drop them off to be wrapped, and reassemble myself. I'm going to be calling a few places around the GTA for a quote, will keep you guys posted.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Thanks all for your input, always feels better to go ahead with a mod with support from fellow 6th GA owners. Probably looking at a mid summer time line, still can't decide whether I want to do it myself or hand it over someplace ... Leaning towards a DIY, since I don't trust that they'd remove the pieces to wrap around. Another option is that I remove all the pieces, drop them off to be wrapped, and reassemble myself. I'm going to be calling a few places around the GTA for a quote, will keep you guys posted.

Jakub, if you wouldn't mind asking how much for a sedan as well, I would appreciate it.

tknightt

Reaction score
I would also lightly flame "lick" the trim pieces before you wrap them. This is a trick I've heard from people who paint plastic trim. If you lightly graze the trim with an open flame (blowtorch works best) they get a bit glossy but after that it helps primer adhere better. I'm reasonably sure it would help the vinyl as well.

my 2 cents

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought that I would share with you the pieces that I am planning on wrapping ...

S823B3710C.png

#9 instrument cluster assembly cover
#10 stereo/ventilation cover
#28 driver's side ventilation, 3 button cover
#29 passenger's side ventilation cover

S823B3740C.png

#7 - flip top lid of cupholder
#13 - console panel
OPTIONAL # 11 - tray console

S823B3910A.png

#9/#14 driver/passenger power window switch

S823B3930B.png

#2/#4 - rear seat pocket lining

I'm thinking if I supply these pieces removed to be wrapped, I can't imagine it would be crazy expensive ??? Will keep you updated.

Derek, I can't imagine it would be any more for the sedan, since I'm getting the coupe equivalent of a rear door power window panel wrapped as well.

Last edited:

Brad2274

Reaction score
Thought that I would share with you the pieces that I am planning on wrapping ...

I'm thinking if I supply these pieces removed to be wrapped, I can't imagine it would be crazy expensive ??? Will keep you updated.

Derek, I can't imagine it would be any more for the sedan, since I'm getting the coupe equivalent of a rear door power window panel wrapped as well.

i have several of those parts if you want them!

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I throw out a bunch of interior pieces in the summer, which would have been helpful to have for this project. I had taken them from a Coupe with the thinking that I would work on them at some point, but got tired of it sitting around in the garage.

:doh:

Not hard to find a parts car that could be gutted, though, to get all the pieces from.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called up a place, VaughanWrapz, they said that if I were to remove the parts cost will be around $200. If we get them to remove the parts, the cost would be twice that. Seems pretty steep, will probably remove these pieces myself and take a picture and forward it again. Don't see why it should be more than $100.

agginline86

Reaction score
I called up a place, VaughanWrapz, they said that if I were to remove the parts cost will be around $200. If we get them to remove the parts, the cost would be twice that. Seems pretty steep, will probably remove these pieces myself and take a picture and forward it again. Don't see why it should be more than $100.

yeah that seems pretty high considering you're doing 90% of the work
thanks for the update. Are you considering DIY?

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah that seems pretty high considering you're doing 90% of the work
thanks for the update. Are you considering DIY?

Yep, definitely considering. It will have to wait until the summer-fall though. I feel that I've spent a little too much on her these past 12 months. Along with the j32a2/6MT swap, I'm switching to some smaller tires and going a bit lower ... After that I'm going to have to go on a bit of modding hiatus while the 'Accord tuning' fund gets replenished :)

PS ... With two small kids and wife not working the fund replenishes much slower :p

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
Dude, do it yourself. I wrapped my roof recently and its easy as long as you are confident in what youre doing and patient. I'd recommend using 3m 1080. They have the brushed aluminum, plus other options that look great. I was planning on ordering some more vinyl for my interior after I did my roof. If you do go ahead DIY'ing, I also recommend ordering from metrorestyling.com.

http://www.metrorestyling.com/3M-Scotchprint-Vinyl-Wrap-Film-Series-1080-s/16764.htm

Back