Is it possible to make accord sound super loud and deep like STI/Mustang?

GERM

Reaction score
You can just record a mustang, then play that audio real loud on your stereo. Hahahahaha.

danmccormick87

Reaction score
That is very deep, I'll look at ur set up

The only issue I have with my setup is the horrible muffler. I need a larger chamber with a better tip for the air to flow around, and this would stop my horrible weedeater sound at the high end RPM range.

johnnxiv

Reaction score
Depending on where you live, you can just straight pipe it

Is straight pipe going to be louder and deeper than Magnaflow and Flowmaster?

with Magnaflow and Flowmaster exhaust, what else should I get to get even louder and deeper?

Last edited:

Laurence

Reaction score
Just looking for a deep toned exhaust (like everyone else is saying) and possibly straight pipe it? The Subaru "rumble" sound is mainly from the boxer engine and unequal headers. I had a '12 WRX.

ickna11

Reaction score
Is straight pipe going to be louder and deeper than Magnaflow and Flowmaster?

with Magnaflow and Flowmaster exhaust, what else should I get to get even louder and deeper?

It's not gonna get "that" deep no matter what you do...
Honda engines just don't have that sound...

cfox28

Reaction score
Every car is different and it's hard to replicate the V8 sound. I was close with my DSM, but I also had aftermarket cams that had an offset lobe to them and also pushed plenty of power to it with a turbo. Each car is different... Here, this will help you understand a bit better. Mind you, it's quite a read, but a good read.

CLICKY HERE

Good read, it does a good job describing the techniques for sound management, as well as some of the other task of the exhaust.

The article, however negates back pressure as just hogwash. Can they actually be correct on this? Also I feel like straight pipes are obnoxiously loud. a tasteful is more pleasing to drive around with. someone mentioned un equal length headers. This would be something to look into , as all applications for ours are equal length. as far as performance, i would not be able to speak to the topic, but i bet it would sound good on the v6. where our equal length headers put exhaust through at a regular interval, when the lengths are not equal we get the sound coming in at different intervals, thus either combining with or canceling out sound waves from the other cylinders. this gives it a more distinguished sound.

Back