is this normal?

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
i have an 99 accord v6.

this is a view from under the car at a side angle.
the wire is hanging loose and the wire appears to lead to under the rear motor mount.
IMG_5111.jpg

this picture is in the front and the wire appears to be similar but i think it leads to the evap canister.
IMG_5112.jpg

in this picture, there is also a tube that is made out of aluminum or some sort. it also doesn't have anything connected to it. if i follow it the other going right, I believe it connects to the evap solenoid. not sure though
IMG_5107.jpg

travisn

Reaction score
lol, a wire is not the same as a hose. seems like you should have a check engine light, code p147 or something given your last picture.

its too cold and snowy or i would go compare for ya

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
lol alright. what i meant was hose. haha. but the thing is, I dont have a CEL on..

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
It's definitely a hose.
Maybe a vacuum hose, but doubtful.
Try to see where the other end goes
also do you have a CEL

nyknick1015

Reaction score
the rear mount on the v6 accord as well as the 4cyl are vacuum controlled. I think that is what its called... all i know is that its meant for the mount to get soft under low rpm and little engine movement, and hard when ur flooring it and the engine is torquing back and forth...

my 5th gen v6 has that mount... i think u should reconnect that hose back before you get vibration inside

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
would you happen to know where i would connect it? ive tried to see where it might connect but i havent found a connection for it. do those two ends connect??

finch13

Reaction score
If the rear mount didnt have vacuum it would be causing a lot of vibration at idle. FYI only the autos have a vacuum controlled rear mount.

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
well i have been feeling vibration at idle and it has a little fluctuation. by little i mean about plus minus 100. would those hose have to do something with that? should i connect those two ends??

Back