j32 swap

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
^^^I used the 7GA shifter and I dont have any problems with it hitting the passenger side of the console.
Also, the trans type CAN determine which cables to use, unless you want to cut and re-weld the shift post.

Regarding the master….the master cylinder for a 5spd works fine. Also, the master cylinder from certain model civics work fine (this is what I used).

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Interesting. I've been talking to Paul about my swap, and that's the information I got from him.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^yes. lol

Should I ask him why others have used the 7GA shifter and not had this problem? I mean I hate to question the guy too much because I know he's done so many of these.

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
it may depend on which bolts you line up? Only three off the bolts will line up, and it in turn angles the shifter a small amount.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
OP wanted to know about swapping an auto for an auto...not a 6MT swap. Which is stupid IMO....if you're going to do all that work, might as well swap for a 6MT.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
it may depend on which bolts you line up? Only three off the bolts will line up, and it in turn angles the shifter a small amount.

He said he only uses 2 of the stock bolt hole locations and thread rivets the other two bolt holes to mount the shifter. And fabs and welds in the other post on the shift arm for the 7th gen tranny.

As far as the 6th gen/civic master cylinder, I think he means it will work, but it just is not the right part and will not give full clutch travel. But some people may prefer the way that feels.

hondahana

Reaction score
OP wanted to know about swapping an auto for an auto...not a 6MT swap. Which is stupid IMO....if you're going to do all that work, might as well swap for a 6MT.
Finally!!! Lol I was askin about auto to auto.. I'm looking at the cost and down time of the car. If I can do the auto to auto swap with little to no issues or down time ill do that to get the j32 in and Back driving then save up for a nice lsd tranny and clutch with flywheel.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Finally!!! Lol I was askin about auto to auto.. I'm looking at the cost and down time of the car. If I can do the auto to auto swap with little to no issues or down time ill do that to get the j32 in and Back driving then save up for a nice lsd tranny and clutch with flywheel.

Honestly, you're better off doing the 6MT swap at the same time.

GirlsLuvVTEC2

Reaction score
Anyone ever swapped a 2000 3.0 v6 vtec accord engine with a 2000 3.2 acura TL engine and then put a comptech s/c on it?
JW how it went, and how they liked it compared to the stock 3.0 v6 with just normal bolt-ons...
Thanks!!
-Nicole

Back