Jay-Z is Back!

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
I like some of the older rap and most southern rappers except Ludacris. Cash Money was good about 4 or 5 years ago, and no other rappers have really held my interest more than 3-6 Mafia. Thats my favorite group as of now.

I think the whole gangsta $hit is played out, thats the only part of the hip hop industry I don't like. In their videos, they're all gangsta and from the streets, but when they're out in the record company's Hummer on 28s or whatever, they're preppy as hell. It just kinda gets old after awhile. [/rant] :D

FLiP wiT da FLo

Reaction score
old rap/hip-hop is the ****. back in the 90's was real music. current rap is garbage.. which is why i started listening to more rock music. but i come back to rap once in a while.

right now its all about lupe fiasco. he's keepin it real. can't forget Dre. 2 of my favorite artists right there.

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, i like alot of the older stuff too, but older stuff to me is like mid 90s stuff. like biggie and what not. but i like alot of the newer stuff too, except for anything southern. only souther rappers i really can say i like are Luda, Chamillionaire, and recently Rick Ross. i thought Rick Ross was honestly a joke when he came out with Hustlin', i htought that song was so funny, haha. then i downloaded his CD, and all i can say is i listened to that for a week straight every time i was in my car. loved it.

dynasty

Reaction score
you guys need to get the 'Required Audio' cd by Import Tuner. i have the album but i didn't cut it so it's a 1-hour music file. if anyone wants it, let me know so i can upload it. it's an underground hip hop style. i know my music. LOL.

cg6accord

Reaction score
jay z sucks *** imo. the best thing he has done is retire.

Last edited by a moderator:

dynasty

Reaction score
i know. if you hate hip hop or hate anything, you have to give a good reason. LOL.

i personally like hip hop because that's what they play mostly in clubs now. you never hear them play any Panic! at the Disco or stuff like that. sometimes i'm a dance person then i'm a hardcore head busting person. haha. i'm just crazy for music.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
yeah I like Jay-z, but I agree with Darryl on this:

shavedaccord said:
I like hova and all but I knew the whole retirement thing was nothing but a publicity stunt. He wasn't even retired really he still done other tracks and mix tapes..never left the studio to begin with lol

And honestly I like the DJ Danger Mouse mixes of Jay-Z music better than the original songs sometimes (sometimes not always). Like I really liked the Black album, but some of the tracks from that albums I like better when they've been remixed (like 99 problems - original is wayy too repetitive for me).

sidenote: I really like Nas's stuff but my external HD that I had all my music on crashed on me, so I lost any music that I didn't have backed up on CD. Let me know if someone wants to hook me up w/ some Nas lol

Back