Jay-Z is Back!

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
whitey2kaccord said:
I think the whole gangsta $hit is played out, thats the only part of the hip hop industry I don't like. In their videos, they're all gangsta and from the streets, but when they're out in the record company's Hummer on 28s or whatever
That is why the culture is bad...if you watch the videos and listen to the lyrics you would know what i am talking about...What Bill Cosby says on this stuff is what i think...

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
00Accord4cyl said:
That is why the culture is bad...if you watch the videos and listen to the lyrics you would know what i am talking about...What Bill Cosby says on this stuff is what i think...

I can understand what you're trying to get at, but I don't think its fair to apply that judgement to all hip hop.

i.e. nas

EliteStyles6th

Reaction score
so my (our:to all those who apply) culture is awful due do having rims on hummers, flossing $$? its awful due to gangsta rap? i dunno if i agree with u guys on it. i kno its an opinion and i respect it, but i grew up on hip hop and rap, rims, $$ and showing off is part of hip hop. i do agree it can be excessive wit the grills n all. lyrically neone who can rap ( and i mean rap reeally good) desearves that credit, its not easy makin a verse thats good! u need talent to be that good. its no Mariah Carey or Whitney talent (even tho it can be) its still sumthing most of can't do, as well. so im sorry man..sayin its awful becuz of those reasons ,IMO, isnt justified. but i respect that.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
well see wildman i actually have two of Nas' albums, so i like him...well not sure if he came out with new stuff..the two cds i have are atleast 5 years old if not older...

I am not saying grilles,rims, and hummers are bad i am talking about the woman on the videos...the constant gangster setting...so many people think they should live the life of 50 cent...i guess i should edit what i said...lots of hip hop has bad culture..not all of it though..because i do listen to some..just nothing recent....

one song i heard in a car that is supposedly a hit...something like does your chain hang low, does it wobble to and fro...stuff like that is just gay...if you know what song i am talking about

EliteStyles6th

Reaction score
lmao...yes....in that situation..thats a poor representation of hip hop...that song is just crap...but in the south, its a banga! suprisingly enuff.. i wouldnt want that to be called hip hop unfortunalty, but hey.

Browntown

Reaction score
00Accord4cyl said:
well see wildman i actually have two of Nas' albums, so i like him...well not sure if he came out with new stuff..the two cds i have are atleast 5 years old if not older...

I am not saying grilles,rims, and hummers are bad i am talking about the woman on the videos...the constant gangster setting...so many people think they should live the life of 50 cent...i guess i should edit what i said...lots of hip hop has bad culture..not all of it though..because i do listen to some..just nothing recent....

one song i heard in a car that is supposedly a hit...something like does your chain hang low, does it wobble to and fro...stuff like that is just gay...if you know what song i am talking about

I understand what you're saying bro.... I like some hip hop, but a major part of it just glorifies stuff I'm not cool with or don't agree with.... there are a lot of great artists out there though.

Oh yeah..... and that song is gay.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
ugh...shame crap like that is popular in the south...i guess there are a choice few i hate like that...but i do listen to older stuff..i used to only listen to rap back when i first got my system haha

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
00Accord4cyl said:
ugh...shame crap like that is popular in the south...i guess there are a choice few i hate like that...but i do listen to older stuff..i used to only listen to rap back when i first got my system haha

watch hustle & flow.

great movie.

I don't like lyrics that talk about this and that just for the sake of trying to sell records. but if its from the heart or from life experience, and they are just expressing what they have gone through, that's different imo.

i.e. tupac.

(haha, i love giving examples)

cg6accord

Reaction score
jay z just isnt my style, the sucks *** part was a lil harsh but i just dont like him. i prefer underground to anything. atmosphere, dilated people, jedi mind tricks, wu tang, lupe fiasco is good especially on the mix tapes, living legends crew, and of course my crew 1MIND haha, just thought i throw that in cu zi think im awesome. and to anybody thinking that rap is hip hop your tottally wrong, i hate rap to but admit the beats are sick, hip hop is a whole nother lifestyle. i love old school, furious 5 trecherous 3 afrika bambata and the zulu nation, thats Roots man, if you dont know the roots of hip hop dont open your mouth. black eyed peas lick major balls now that fergie is with them, they should juss let her be solo.

Last edited by a moderator:

cg6accord

Reaction score
TUPAC is over rated, people didnt even really notice his position until he died, most fans dont even know what digital underground is so that shows there dedication to music of their "favorite" you know. i do like him but cmon. people didnt even know E40 been around ferever until the damned "hyphy movement" anybody remember "Huuricane" good tymz. Bone Thugs still have a spot on the top 10 greatest in my book, just great group that was forgotten.

Back