Jdm h23a dohc vtec spec help!!!

crunch_berries

Reaction score
Does anyone have o know where to find full specs on the jdm h23a??? And no i dont mean the wikipedia version... And does anyone know what oem tranny it came with in the ch9 i cant it find anywhere... Please let me know, thanks

Jarrett

Reaction score
Full specs other than what Wikipedia has? How about you ask what you want to know instead of us just guessing what you want to hear. And it only came with automatic transmissions. You could either get the transmission in 2WD or 4WD, but both were automatic. If you see it paired with a manual transmission for sale through an importer then that importer is simply doing that to make a more appealing package.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Wikipedia seems pretty accurate on the specs for the most part. A while ago I would read something on wiki and search multiple different areas and the information was pretty consistent.
But for what tranny it came with, I never found that out. Maybe just because I didn't care enough to look :lawl: they did only come in automatic though. Basically what the other person said, if you find one for sale with a manual transmission, it was added afterwards to boost appeal

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
An awd!?

What model? I can only think of the wagovan (d16), crv (b20 now k), pilot (j v6, I think) and ridgeline (j v6).

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
An awd!?

What model? I can only think of the wagovan (d16), crv (b20 now k), pilot (j v6, I think) and ridgeline (j v6).
It was an option in the jdm sir wagons that came with the h23a. Obviously we never got it because honda like to keep the best stuff from the states

Jarrett

Reaction score
It wasn't just the H23A. The 2.3Vi wagon with the F23A got it as well. Also, the second generation Odyssey in Japan was available with the F23A and that had a 4WD option as well.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Oh cool, that part I didn't know. Always nice to learn another useless fact :)

crunch_berries

Reaction score
Yes i know it came only in automatic and yes i do know it came in both 2wd and 4wd... Also i do agree the wikipedia spec list is decent but it is also not complete if you look at the charts, i would like a full spec list so i can learn everything i can about this engine for the fact i plan to do a swap in the future... And also i would like to know what stock transmission it came with so i can buy it since the shop i plan to buy the engine from does not sell them together i would have to buy them seperately and i plan on keeping it automatic since it will be my daily driver... My manual swap will come later when i buy another 6th gen and start my turbo build... I think those were some reasonable rquests dont you think??? Now if anyone can answer my questions id highly appreciate it

Back