Keyless Entry Remote won't program to car.

JokerJay

Reaction score
I have an 01 accord Ex. bought the car without a radio, put in an aftermarket Pioneer AVH X1600. Bought the car without a key fab. bought one for it (K0BUTAH2T) a few months of owning the vehicle. I'll do the procedure (On, Lock, Off) x 4 but after im done doing that, it never automatically cycles the locks to confirm that its been programmed. Whats wrong?

james'99

Reaction score
I assume you have watched a video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAeMPvFoD6o

Have you checked all your fuses? I would probably start there. Also, when you lock the car with your key, does the security light on the interior of the driver door next to the lock indicator flash to indicate the security system is armed?

Does the light on the fob work when you press buttons?

JokerJay

Reaction score
the security light on the top of the door works sometimes. i've noticed it flashing at night. im not sure if it does all the time. i noticed yesterday when i locked my door it didnt light up. but i just used the inside button to lock my doors. and wasnt sure if needed like a min to arm itself. i know some systems are like that where they kind of have like a arming period. its a brand new fab from the dealer with a new battery and yes the light on the fab works

JokerJay

Reaction score
it won't program. i know the procedure. it won't auto cycle the locks after the 4th repetition

JokerJay

Reaction score
I assume you have watched a video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAeMPvFoD6o

Have you checked all your fuses? I would probably start there. Also, when you lock the car with your key, does the security light on the interior of the driver door next to the lock indicator flash to indicate the security system is armed?

Does the light on the fob work when you press buttons?

what fuses are specific for this system?

james'99

Reaction score
Good question. I will look tomorrow. If I forget, bump this thread to remind me! Sorry if that ends up being the case. Too tired tonight.

JokerJay

Reaction score
Good question. I will look tomorrow. If I forget, bump this thread to remind me! Sorry if that ends up being the case. Too tired tonight.

will do broski. thank you for any help. this system has thrown me for a loop lol

james'99

Reaction score
I looked at all the fuse descriptions and nothing grabs me. Gotta do more research on my end. Do you have a test light? You can go through the whole bus of fuses in only a couple minutes with one.

JokerJay

Reaction score
I looked at all the fuse descriptions and nothing grabs me. Gotta do more research on my end. Do you have a test light? You can go through the whole bus of fuses in only a couple minutes with one.

i dont actually. Could get one but idk, i dont think its a fuse. Every once in awhile i've noticed the security light on the top of the door does come on. sometimes not. it just doesnt properly arm itself and thats why i think i cant program a remote to it. if i could figure out what needs fixing or to be replaced i think i could solve both things.

Back