KSport GT Lowering springs?

realtwenty

Reaction score
I dunno if this is the correct section to post but I was wondering if I got the Ksport GT Lowering springs with an aggressive drop, would it be safe to stick with stock shocks?

I want the drop but dont want to spend the extra money on the extra suspension stuff

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Search before asking any general questions. Also, do not re-open any threads more than a month old. You have not done it yet but Im getting a little annoyed from old threads being bumped by noobs.

Most people dont go with springs for very long, its hard on your shocks and will blow in a little while and leak the oil. Coilovers can be had for around $500. There is a whole suspension thread for this.....

Cpyro

Reaction score
its over a 2 inch drop, i dont think u want stock shocks on those.

realtwenty

Reaction score
thanks to those who replied and answered my question....and for u whos trying to boss me ....umm if i didnt do something then dont tell me not to do it

and i looked in other suspension threads and didnt see what i was looking for

I may be a newbie to this forum but i've been in other forums, thanks

chill out

Raymond

Reaction score
Any springs CAN be used with stock shocks, doesn't mean you want to. Those springs give over a 2" drop and will wear out your factory dampers very quickly. At first you'll be fine and brag to us about how low it is and that it rides great, but after a thousand miles or so you'll be hating life. For those springs, I'd get Tokico Illuminas.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
I ran stock shocks with aftermarket springs for about a year and blew out the rubber bump stops, so I would not put aftermarket springs on stock shocks. I'd look around for a good deal on coilovers or after market shocks that are designed to be paired with aftermarket springs. I went with coilovers and I love them. Good luck!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Necessary?

Anyway, like everyone said you do NOT want to use any lowering springs on stock shocks, especially these GT's. They give a 2.5" drop up front and 2.25" in the rear I believe...that will kill your stock shocks fast man.

Don't consider shocks to be "extra" stuff. SUspension is a costly upgrade plain and simple, save up and do it right man. Good luck!

Last edited:
Back