Ksport RR for serious time attack

nwcg3

Reaction score
Hi All,

Ive search for a few hours and cannot seem to find any reviews from any of us on the KSport RR Coilovers. Obviously other makes have some reviews however I was shocked at the lack of overall info and reviews on these shocks period...

Im building a time attack accord, gutted and caged etc. I have talked with Andy at AMR already and feel confident in him product, as many of you do.

18kg/14kg sounds wonderful. However RR are 22kg. Canards and wing will most likely come into play as well once fixed to the car so maybe 22kg is overkill anyway?

Car will have a 3000 lbs base weight once we start the season.

However I need to get the scoop on the RR's before I decide to buy the AMR's. Like the overall feel? Did they seem competitive on the track? Are they just TRULY MADE FOR RACING???

Any folks out there with experience? Preferably track experience with these coilovers?

Cheers and thanks in advance for any help!! :beer:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the ksport kontrol pros i had were great and i wish i would've went with them again when they finally blew after 40k miles. they actually sponsor race teams and have cars running their suspension...unlike the function forms i bought, which are crap. but anyway, i'm sure the ksports would be great, and you'll probably get them A LOT sooner than you would the AMR's. i think the AMR's are built to order, which means you'll have to wait for them, and from what i remember, those lead times tend to go real long.

nwcg3

Reaction score
thanks for the input!!

i actually live here in seattle about 3 hrs away from AMR so he will deliver, but yea im still not sure on wait time.

in terms of raceability, would anyone prefer one over the other? why? they actually are about the same in price too. :)

Im going to be running the redline series in modified class. So Im looking for something that can really handle and have the adjust ability needed to be competitive.

thanks again man!

akoutmos

Reaction score
Personally, I would suggest Koni sports and ground control (Eibach springs) sleeves. Konis are easy to rebuild and can be revalved to suit your every suspension need. The AMRs on the other hand and the KSports not so much. The only thing you get with the AMRs and the KSports is the adjustable bottom mount. But honestly, not really necessary unless you plan on going like stance low, which i am guessing you are not doing.

My car will be ready in a couple weeks if you want to check out my suspension setup before deciding ;). Ground control and koni over here.

nwcg3

Reaction score
Ive heard a lot of great things about the Koni's esp the yellow, and the ground control springs.

Im surprised tohear they are suitable for something that demanding!

I would love to do that, fyi My car will be off the jacks soon so Ill be able to meet up and check it out.

One big concern for me is like, I like the AMR's, but are they really race proven? Or are advertised as just really good street coilovers?

Sorry andy if your reading this lol :slap:

akoutmos

Reaction score
My buddy's SMF CRX runs konis and it is nationally competitive in SCCA. Pretty sure it took either 2nd or 1st last year. I got 600s in the front and 500s in the rear. Pretty much at the limit for the stock valved koni shocks. I got a motorcycle so I can get around Seattle. If you need help with the car let me know :)

nwcg3

Reaction score
Shoot i had a caliper pin rust and seize so Im waiting on a part in the mail to replace and get the car back on the ground.

Got some quotes for Konis. Looks like $525 for shocks and whatever for springs. Funny the pricing for AMR Koni and KSport are relatively close, however I feel like Koni might be the best choice.

Man I am really going to have to ride with you when you ge the Koni's...this is tough

quick someone give me $4000 so I can call KW and get it over with..lol:usa:

Back