Leather seat Swap deal?

seb799

Reaction score
So this is kinda my first post, I am driving a 1999 lx 2drs 4cyl and i have the gray interior. So I was looking for some OEM black leather seats, I've been searching a lot but I could'nt find much info about the pricing. I guy has them to sell but one of the airbag is blown so i'm wandering if it is worth buying them. He as the front and back seats and he's asking 300 neg.

Is it a good price and will I have problem repatching the airbag? Also, is it possible to convert power seats into standard or to make it work in my car ? :thinking:

Thanks a lot.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
You can make the power seats work, but its going to take some electrical know how. You should probably have ur interior done with brand new leather instead

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
You can make the power seats work, but its going to take some electrical know how. You should probably have ur interior done with brand new leather instead

This.

Its no worth buying used leather seats sometimes. I mean for bit more you will have brand new leather just like HondaLuver said and it will last longer than used leather, you dont know when the used will rip and it can be any time soon. Versus new leather knowing its going to last a bit longer.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Not a bad price depending on their condition. You would want to get that portion of the seat reupholstered for it to look clean, I think patching it would look bad. I don't know how much new seats/reupholstery costs.

You can wire the seats to work in your car, but if these had airbags they are out of an 01-02, so I'm not sure how much of the harness your 99 has existing. I'm sure someone else who has done more with seats could chime in on that.

seb799

Reaction score
Well, with that said, I think i'm gonna stick to my actual seats until I get the cash to get brand new leather.

It will be more simple (to see lol) and probably sexier . I'm not much into electrical or wiring stuff

Anyway thanks a lot.

Back