Led hot spots-Led diffuser cap

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
ok, gotcha. do you know anything about polarized film and putting it on the odometer? i wanna do that too, but i heard you gotta peel this one thing off and then put the film on there. kinda scares me, haha.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
see how that tl/cl cluster i posted looks whered its odo is? yea, well basically polarized film will do that to ours too. like it stick to the glass or w/e in there. but i heard you have to peel the stock film off or something. i think i read it on v6p, ill go do a search there, yes i do searches, like smart people :D, hahaha. but yea, what it does is revers where the lights comes out i guess pretty much sum's it up. it looks sick, especially when the odo and clock are done, ill see if i can find anything on v6p.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, im currently lookin on v6p right now, no such luck so far, but ill post a link to a thread if i find a helpful one. i have seen a 6th gen with it, and it looked awesome.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
heres the first one i ever saw:

gauge1.jpg

its sooo sick, i want it so bad. its JUST on the odo by the way, those are those s7 gauges or w/e.

heres a different cluster and a clock:

led2.jpg

led.jpg

Last edited:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
either of you guys get those LED's from ledautomotive? ive heard some people say good stuff about there kits, but id want to have those LED's like shaved posted.

ok yea, i just looked on LEDautomotive, and the gauge cluster set they have listed under "replacement LED's". ok, so i htink i might do the white, even tho itll be a little blueish. anyone have pics of the white ones put in with that filter still on? i know one kid on v6p took the filter off, but i dont wanna do that cuz it involves removing the needles.
Ok, i got my leds today. I'll try to take some pics tonight. I can also give you the list of what i bought, and why, i can take pictures of the actual leds if you want. I used superbrightleds.com. And it was purely because it's cheaper. THe leds look exactly the same as the ones in the picture. I think they just buy the same led's at discount and charge you a bit extra for a kit. Anyway, i spent just slightly more than the guage cluster and got 11 led's instead of 5.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Ok, accouple of questions....On the pic sketch posted, how are the needles lit up? It seems from what i've seen that the needles are lit up but the same lights that light up the guages. I put in some white led's today, and i have spots which i was pretty sure would happen. BUt the main thing, the needles arn't well lit on the tach and speedo.

EDIT-Are they reverse indiglos? Normally they arn't that dark of a blue. If so, that won't help me at all.

Secondly. How did they do that with the clock? Looks cooler, i like that better than having the whole thing lit.

Latest posts

Back