led instrument cluster?

Sinful

Reaction score
chaser226 said:
Looking at superbrightleds.com and just want to make sure these below are the right ones to buy and also wanted to confirm how many of each I should get. Thanks..

page i'm looking at..

"WLED 5-LED Wide Angle LED bulb
12 VDC 5-LED Wedge Base bulb (194/168 type)
Super Wide Viewing Angle bulb uses 4 radially mounted LEDs aiming out the sides and one High Flux LED on top
Non Polarized
$ 2.99 "

"T1.5 Instrument LED bulb
1-LED Instrument Cluster and Gauge illumination bulb. #74 LED bulb installed in twist-lock socket base Available with White,Blue,Green,Red and Amber Wide Angle LED
$ 1.79"

I bought five of the "WLED 5-LED bulbs", and one "74 Wedge Base LED bulb" the $1.19 one. I don't think you need the T1.5 one, because you dont need the socket base because all you're replacing is the bulb.

chaser226

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification.

I just tried to take out my cluster and already I'm stuck! I couldn't even take the trim off! The 2 screws on the top are off, i'm pulling outwards at the top but the bottom isn't even budging! Is there more screws? How is it clipped? I don't want to pull it the wrong way and break the clips...Do I pull straight out, in an angle, top part out first, bottom part out first? :mad:

Last edited:

blindside

Reaction score
There are no more screws just pull a little harder and the cover should come off try starting from top... then once you pulled it out there are 4 10mm screws after that you should be good.. oh you have pull out the 2 connectors in the back

chaser226

Reaction score
Thank you, I'll try again later.

P.S. I just saw that we used to have the same rims!

Sinful

Reaction score
yeah top off first, then try to pull it forward so that your clips dont break, i broke one of mine :( but its still fine. what i thought was annoying though, was getting the actual cluster out so you can put in the bulbs, and your steering wheel is kinda in the way.

chaser226

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, I managed to get the trim out and saw the 4 screws you guys mentioned. Just ordered my LEDs and will post results :peace:

chaser226

Reaction score
Ok i got the LEDs from SuperBrightLEDs 5x "WLED 5-LED bulbs" and 1x "74 Wedge Base LED bulb"

Do I pull the old bulb out of the black holder? And also...Are you guys SURE "WLED 5-LED bulbs" is the right one??????Cuz it doesn't even fit into the hole at all........are the clusters different from I4 and V6's???? I have a 4 banger.. HELP!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
v6 just uses more LED's...

You twist out the black holder, pull out the stock bulb and stick the led wedge into it..and you did buy 168/194 bulbs right? the same process goes for the odometer twist out the holder and replace the 74 bulb.

chaser226

Reaction score
This is the exact one I got from superbrightled.com
""WLED 5-LED Wide Angle LED bulb
12 VDC 5-LED Wedge Base bulb (194/168 type)
Super Wide Viewing Angle bulb uses 4 radially mounted LEDs aiming out the sides and one High Flux LED on top
Non Polarized
$ 2.99 "

I'll go try again. Thanks for the quick response shaved!

Back