LED RADIO Lamps

Simkid5614

Reaction score
I cam across something, I had bought an ebay radio was supposed to be "tested, and the CD player itself did not play. Issued refund told me to keep it, So Then i bought another With guarantee, this one the USPS drops on the damn ground and cracked the bezel and the 6 button, So then i got to thinking. I have a perfectly good Chassis, and a perfectly good face.

I started pulling things apart. and the Radio face on the 1TA1 is fully swappable

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

I haven't delved deeper into this but there are 8 illumination bulbs as well as one soldered LED for the CD slot One ANTI THEFT RED LED, most look replaceable if the person has the time, Under the Circuit board is a bunch of plastic diffuser as is found in the HVAC controls.

I posted this because I haven't seen anyone push it this far. Two screws on the chassis, and a bunch of clips and boom, falls right off.

If anyone wants the full resolution image PM me, and I'll pull if off the DSLR

02accordcoupe

Reaction score
Cool. Post up some pics. I know Mikey did this with the radio I gave him, just swapped the faces because the one I sold him had blue lights in it.

Simkid5614

Reaction score
I don't know how to solder. I'm gonna use this to learn the reverse polarization and soldering. Lol.

Simkid5614

Reaction score
Clean White no filters, And reverse polarize the LCD. lol and i'd only ship you the faceplate, only cause the one you'd get has a crack and i only need the Board worked on

Mikey

Reaction score
Cool. Post up some pics. I know Mikey did this with the radio I gave him, just swapped the faces because the one I sold him had blue lights in it.
Yep yep. Had two OEM 6-disc radios: one that worked with BLUE bulbs and one that didnt work with white bulbs. Just swapped face plates. Wasnt the easiest thing but with a little patience and finesse, IT CAN BE DONE! :thumbsup:

Simkid5614

Reaction score
Just the clips are finicky

Can you post a pic of yours up, im curious how it turned out.

Mikey

Reaction score
It turned out.....like a normal radio, lol. I didnt take pics of the process because it's pretty straight-forward.

Mikey

Reaction score
Yeah. One was as factory as could be and the other one lit up blue instead of white. Swapped face plates. Done.

Back