Led strips

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
1st of all, I'm pretty sure there was a DIY written on this.

2nd of all Lemon..........

:facepalm:

1. Unplug the bulb in each headlight that plugs into the amber strip.
2. Either A. Cut the bulb socket off B. Slide a little insulation back on the 2 wires so you are exposing about 1/4" of the wire.
3. Connect the neg lead from the LED strip, to the negative lead on the bulb wires, same for the positive. (If you accidentally wire them backwards it won't harm the LEDs)
4. Wrap in electrical tape.
5. Profit!

5 Easy Steps. I would recommend soldering over electrical tape though. But if you must use electrical tape or a connector of some sort, make sure to inspect it periodically.

01exv6

Reaction score
i just installed those over the summer (check out my photobucket http://s498.photobucket.com/albums/rr343/01exv6/). I just cut the parking light bulb harness off and used those 2 wires. The leds come on when i lock and unlock the doors, when the headlights are on, and the coolest part that you can turn on just the leds and the parking lights, which looks pretty sick. I stripped the wires, twisted them together, and twisted one of these connectors on top
6YH37.JPG
and wrapped it all in electrical tape. The only tricky part is soldering the wires to the LEDs.

Back