Legit Slammed Club

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Yeah, I think Martin and Josh have it pretty much locked for the Slammed Coupes.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
I envy you sir that is a lovely drop and the wheel......sex.....you just inspired me to go lower lol.

lmao remember where you live homie! go lower and even man holes covers will own you. im like a half inch higher than you and my car screams going up a drive way. rubber on metal haha.

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
*Note to self* - Change front lip now that everyone is doing it.

ZsleepizeZ

Reaction score
how do you guys measure the spring rate?
i want to go stiffer in the front.
i have really bad UCA noise everytime i go over bumps..

Abstrack21

Reaction score
alot of cars look nicer lowered but i dont think i would be able to make mines as low as u guys...the streets are way to messed up in my town an id be slamin all day

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
how do you guys measure the spring rate?
i want to go stiffer in the front.
i have really bad UCA noise everytime i go over bumps..
The springs generally have numbers on them to give you information on the ID, spring rate, etc.

250idrace_medium.jpg

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Sleeper Cell said:
The springs generally have numbers on them to give you information on the ID, spring rate, etc.

250idrace_medium.jpg

Qucik question. If I get a 14k spring for my type 1s, will it be stiffer or just be bouncy? I want my front just firm.

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
Most shocks when valved correctly will have certain tolerances for spring rates (basically having a certain range that is usable without changing the valving). For instance, Tein SS coilovers can basically go from 5kg to 9kg in the front, and 2kg to 6kg in the rear. I think you will be ok and it will firm up the ride, but that's assuming your shocks rebound curve is valved for the springs you have on right now. If they used a shock rated for 10kg but threw your 12kg spring on there it is fine, but changing it to 14kg would mean it's out of it's dampening range and would result in bounciness.

Back