Let's talk side mirrors

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^The video is in his thread in the interior/show mods section. I am adding his thread to the master DIY list, even though it's more of a rough guide.

Lol Ryder OCD helps sometimes. My brother thinks I'm nuts, we both did DRL on our accords. He wired it and threw the mess of wires next to his battery,..... ME on the other hand I loomed it and taped it to look OEM. You will never tell there is another circuit or the system was spliced. Some people really think Iam.... :huh: lol

Wish I could have you do a wire tuck on my car lol, it's too messy. I.e. there's a bunch of wiring hanging next to my battery and I have no idea what some of it is. :lawl:

Hell I wish you weren't so far away so I could do all this cool electrical **** by your side lol.

FNCONE

Reaction score
lol glad you're learning. To bad this cold weather has your seats on a standby. Thats what has my semi wire tuck on hold.... I REFUSE TO wire the car when it looks like this...

You want a wire tuck? MAKE SURE u have a daily because there will be a lot of soldering...

ITS MADNESS LOL. I wanted a "semi" Tuck... So i moved some plugs and fuse boxes in the cabin..... My "semi" tuck has me with this madness....:tumbleweed::wtf2::drunk:

But Its Getting there...

and don't waste wire... I kind of exaggerated here lol WIRE TUCK FTW :shakehead:

**If this is a thread Jack MODS please delete my post above**

Back on topic LETS GET MORE MEMBERS WITH PFM!!!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
K yea, you're crazy. Or maybe just insanely dedicated. :)

I barely touch my car in the winter, and it's parked in a garage. That's how much I hate the cold. Luckily there's been a few mild days this year that I've worked on it.

Back OT, I always try to park in an end spot and hug the curb (I never park between two cars, I'll walk a quarter mile first), and whichever side of my car is next to someone else's, I always fold that mirror in. But sometimes when I come back I forget to fold it back out, so I'm suddenly realizing how convenient and purposeful this mod would be for everyday driving in the urban jungle.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Adding the sail measurements here that have been done by various members so they're all in one place. These should all be point to point measurements and therefor be accurate, BUT do not just rely on these 100%, always double check for yourself.

Anyway, for future reference. The first measurement is the diagonal edge of the sail (adjacent to A-pillar), second is the horizontal edge (adjacent to door), third is the vertical edge (adjacent to window glass).

6GA 2door (measured by me) – 11" x 8" x 6"
CF4 (measured by SykVSyx) – 11.5" x 7.5" x 6"
Acura CL, 01-03? (measurements Mikey got from Acurazine) – 12" x 8.75" x 6.5"
USDM UA5 (measured by FNCONE) – 12" x 8" x 7"
UA5 PFM (measured by FNCONE) – 12" x 8" x 7"
USDM UA4 (measured by ___) – _" x _" x _"
UA4 PFM (measured by a seller I contacted on Ebay) – 11.8" x 8.25" x 6.5"

I'd still like to confirm but I am thinking the USDM UA4 measurements will match the UA4 PFM measurements, since that was the case with the USDM UA5 vs. the UA5 PFM.

Last edited:

kn0x47

Reaction score
Measured some USDM UA4 and UA5 mirrors. Both measured the same and they were 11 15/16 x 8 5/16 x 6 5/8

xci.ed6

Reaction score
12068995_10100861219411909_2986341437656071766_o.jpg

Bolt on.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
No, I haven't. Those look silly.

Still running my fender mount mirrors, and they are Honda OEM!

KONG

Reaction score
Sorry for digging up an old tread. But I'm wondering did you guys figure out what mirror fits a 98-02 accord sedan ? I would like to add PFM's with the lights to my 99 accord, and I'm just trying to find some answers. I have seen YouTube videos and pictures, but I'm not sure what mirrors they used.

Back