Lexus IS300 Trunk Lip - Need Opinions!

Max

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I guess I took a good notice into the 1st Generation (?) Lexus IS300 and I must say, I love the spoiler/trunk lip that is on that car. It has a built in LED third tail and looks quite nice.

img.jpg

Now, I found out online it measures 46" and our trunks (Sedan Gang) measure 49"
That would leave an inch and a half on each side. So you'll need to use your imagination with the picture above.

Now, my question is, anyone think it's a good idea? I think it would look good =\

Here's the eBay listing I was looking at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=230327749754

They'll paint it and should be able to do Satin Silver Metallic (my car) since they sell more than Lexus spoilers.

Thanks for your guys' input! :D

Max

Reaction score
Yea, it's one of those things I would want to sample on my car first before buying... You never know how much of a space it will be on each side until it's actually on the car.

nexTOme

Reaction score
i think it would look outta place. i wouldnt do it.

but who knows, surprisingly, it COULD turn out pretty nice.....
that doesnt mean it will.....

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
now that i take a second look at it...id be more worried about the "lip" on the outer parts, and if that would sit on the trunk well/right/at all...

Max

Reaction score
Yea I'm reconsidering how I might get it. No eBay. There's a Lexus Used Parts store in Sun Valley, CA so I'll stop by there and see if they have it and try to see if it will sit well on the car before considering to buy it. Thanks for the advice...

finch13

Reaction score
Plus, it looks big enough where it'd need screws and not just double sided tape... subtract 1.5 inches from where the bolts would be on an OEM spoiler and you're looking at trying to put nut on bolts that are inside one of the braces in the trunk. Talk about difficult, lol.

Back