Light Bulb in glove box

Elcid

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 2002 Sedan EX-V6. I want to replace the light in my glove box with a LED bulb. Strange thing is when I check with online honda dealer, it does not show a bulb for the glove box only lamp assembly?

Has anyone ever change their glove box light to LED? Does anyone know the bulb type?

Thanks.

phaminshamin

Reaction score
I read on another accord forum that the bulb in the glove box is the same as the rear license plate light bulb, but you'll need a bulb that is at 90 degrees for usable light. They also said you might be able to angle the socket to use LEDs. And the license plate lamp size is 168.

Correct me if I'm wrong somebody.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
youll really be better off with a halogen bulb as opposed to an led. unless you get an led bulb with the leds that face sideways as well, because if you get just a normal, forward facing, led then your glovebox light will be just about useless...not that its any good as it comes :lawl:

Elcid

Reaction score
youll really be better off with a halogen bulb as opposed to an led. unless you get an led bulb with the leds that face sideways as well, because if you get just a normal, forward facing, led then your glovebox light will be just about useless...not that its any good as it comes :lawl:

DE3423 is a Festoon bulb 36mm long. If there is enough room and the socket faces the left. I will install "Super - High Powered 5050 SMT 3 Chip Led Festoon Bulb - 36mm 9led SMT" See link below. I put this led in my dome light. This is about 10X brighter then stock bulb. It is super bright almost pure white.

Stock light in glove box really sucks.

http://www.autolumination.com/festoon.htm

SykVSyx

Reaction score
As small as the glovebox kind of is, why do we need super bright lighting in there?

:skurred:

Elcid

Reaction score
As small as the glovebox kind of is, why do we need super bright lighting in there?

:skurred:

I really don't think the glove box in 98-02 is that small. Bright white led light will make it better to see all the stuff in there and Also I like to finish the white led look in my interior. I replaced dome, map and step lights all with same led white color also the trunk light.

I really like the pure white color these leds gives the interior much much nicer than stock.

Latest posts

Back