light bulb # in TYC led tail lights

angelusnhc

Reaction score
they come with there own set of factory turn signals. what number are these? i would like to replace them with led ones.

also just to verify that im correct. the door lights and dome light are 194 correct?

the information im requesting is for for 98 sedan

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
if you replace the turn signal bulbs with LED type bulbs, theyre going to "hyper blink", which means theyll blink twice as fast. unless you have a resistor inline somewhere.

angelusnhc

Reaction score
i have the load resistors already. just dont know what size the bulbs are. i thought it was the same as the fronts so i ordered that and it turned out to be wrong.

rizzy99

Reaction score
mother f*****. i just looked these load resistors up and you guys are getting raped on these prices. i can get these free from work. save your money and hit me up. I still don't know the exact ohmage or power rating but it looks to be around 6 Ohm 50 watt.

EDIT: Very sorry. Didnt realize i was threadjacking until now.

KnightRyder

Reaction score
just replace the flasher unit under the drivers side dash with one that is made for leds and then you dont need resistors on any of your blinker bulbs, no matter what combination you have. its a simple swap and takes all but 45 seconds to look under there, find the flasher, and pull the old one out and pop the new one in, done.

i forget which one our car uses but just go under there and pull it out and look at the pin arrangement and compare to the chart on... http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm and buy the led flasher. i THINK our cars use the EP34 design but dont quote me on that.

oh and im not sure about the sedans but the dome light and door lights are not the same number, door lights are usually the 194/168 kind and the dome light on my car is a festoon style bulb.

Last edited:

angelusnhc

Reaction score
i believe the turn signal bulbs are 7440 but dont hold me to that.

Back