Lighted Cupholders? Anyone have these in their car?

uschonda

Reaction score
was trying to figure out if anyone knew of a product you can use to make the cupholders light up, with an illuminated ring on the bottom or on the sides.

its a new features on some new cars and thought it would be cool to macgyver one for our 6th gen accords.

stupidaznmunkey

Reaction score
yeah i actually have them in my car

heres a mini-DIY if you want to do it

1. take out cupholder
2. drill 2 small holes (depending if youre using a 3mm/5mm LED) in the side (holes should be visible to driver)
3. take out the shifter console light wire and splice it
4. take 2 LEDs and hook them up like so:

(+) existing shifter wire -> 420 ohm (or whatever ohm resistor) -> LED
(-) existing shifter wire -> LED

take an LED holder and put it over the LED and put it into the shifter console tightly so that the wires are on the side neatly (you might want to even put electrical tape over it)

superglue it in place and tada youre done.

one of my LEDs are blown, but the other one works and its pretty cute :)

btw for the wiring try to use as thin gauge wire as you can like 22 gauge

angelusnhc

Reaction score
was trying to figure out if anyone knew of a product you can use to make the cupholders light up, with an illuminated ring on the bottom or on the sides.

its a new features on some new cars and thought it would be cool to macgyver one for our 6th gen accords.

measure your cup holder.

get on ebay and buy some led halos

instal the same way as a led.

with the halos they will fit perfect in the cup holder and give perfect (oem style) lighting. i had this on my neon this way. but good luck finding one to fit perfect.

angelusnhc

Reaction score
just one thing to remember. dont get super bright bulbs. bc most ppl just want these for additional lighting not for show. so if you get super bright leds then it will just annoy you to have them on.

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
I put 1 LED in my cup holder...it lights it up enough. I cant imagine a hole ring

angelusnhc

Reaction score
I put 1 LED in my cup holder...it lights it up enough. I cant imagine a hole ring

i had mine installed without a switch at first but then after a while it was blinding and i put it on a switch. get some nice vodka or water in a nice bottle and stick it there with the ring and wow it looks amazing. i had red leds in my neon when i done it

uschonda

Reaction score
thanks for the input guys. Vodka? haha. Maybe some devil juice patron instead? lol

i went only to ebay after posting and stumbled upon some Mega Glow in the Dark Paint, so I bought some. Hopefully after it comes in I can slab some on the bottom and hope it creates the same effect. Will update you guys on the end result.

angelusnhc

Reaction score
thanks for the input guys. Vodka? haha. Maybe some devil juice patron instead? lol

i went only to ebay after posting and stumbled upon some Mega Glow in the Dark Paint, so I bought some. Hopefully after it comes in I can slab some on the bottom and hope it creates the same effect. Will update you guys on the end result.

yah vodka. just make sure its a closed bottle so that you cant get in trouble if you get stopped for an open container. and make sure your over 21

Back