Link between p0505 and low oil?

mahfuzur

Reaction score
Hey guys,

was planning on a long drive tomorrow but ran into some issues and wanted to know if it should be ok to drive.
so i let the car sit for about a week during the blizzard and the ensuing polar vortex in the northeast. the first day i drove it, i got a p0505 light and after some googling saw that alot of people ran into that issue when they let there car sit for a while. i got an erratic idle that would make it bounce every few minutes between 2 and 3. i could really feel the vibration in the car. it wuld also go as low as right below 3 when i was idling in drive or park. now i figured i would replace the iacv since i have 180k on the car and it seemed like that was what needed fixing. now heres the thing, i havent gotten my oil changed in probably 5-6 months since i barelydrive it, and i just kept forgetting. after changing it, it seems like the erratic idle went away and it idles fine where its at in the picture. it does go a little above line 3 for a few seconds when the fan turns on once in a while but thats always happened so im assuming thats normal.

so my question is could my car having low oil from not changing it in so long have possibly caused my car to throw the p0505 code?

before oil change kept going from right below line 3 and 2 every few minutes in idle to now after after oil change going right above line 3 for a few seconds when fan turns on.

Back