Lock Old Style Yakima Fairing??

ejreams

Reaction score
Okay so.. I wanted to post this in Urgent because I really would like some responses sooner rather than later. However, I was afraid its not important enough so I didn't want to get in trouble, anyways here's my question:

I have an old style Yakima fairing that I just put on my CL (looks sweet!) and I want to know if an how some other people would suggest I go about locking it up.

The new style fairing can be locked with an accessory lock housing, however the bolts that attach it on these are like 6mm? so they're too small.
Now I could drill out a piece of the L bracket and pass larger bolts through and lock use housings that way and that will lock it to the rack.

But that doesn't solve the fact that anyone, on either model of fairing, can just unscrew the fairing from the holding brackets on the backside of the fairing itself, so has anyone ever locked those smaller bolts or would you? and how?

Thank you for taking the time to read this through and leave a response, every chime in helps a bit (unless you're a troll)!

Back