loud noise....please help

Jxi8s2k

Reaction score
When I drive my car, I hear a really loud noise. It almost sounds like I have a huge ricer exhaust bolted to my car. When I go about 15 mph, I can hear the noise. When I go any faster than 30 mph, the noise gets really loud. When I go about 45-50 mph, the noise is loud as hell and when I go high way speeds (65-80), I have to plug my ears while I drive because its that damn loud. I thought it could be the wheel bearing/hub so I took it to my friends dealership and he checked it out for me. He said that the hubs were fine. Oh and also, the noise causes a lot of vibration in my car aswell. like i can feel my feet vibrating.

I thought that it was my tires because i have negative camber. I thought that the uneven wear was causing there to be a lot of road noise. I switched my rims to the stock wheels and tires and the noise was still there, just as loud.

I have a 2002 honda accord EX with abotu 135,000 miles on it. I also have koni yellows with ground control coilovers. the suspension has about 30 to 40 thousand miles on them.

Could anyone please tell me if they had this problem or encountered this problem before? Thanks in advance

finch13

Reaction score
Probably a hole in the muffler or exhaust system, noises are too hard to tell over the internet.

Your friend has a dealership... filled with ASE certified techs and master techs.... and they can't figure it out? :thinking:

Jxi8s2k

Reaction score
i mean hes basically an apprentice...and he only looked at the car for like 10 minutes because we were looking at my car after shop hours

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
gotta be more specific on how the noise sounds like... is it rattling? or vibrating? or sounds like a stone in a can?

do u have an aftermarket muffler? header?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Have someone lightly rev the car for you, find the source of the sound. I was going to say a nail or something caught on your tires and cause these symptoms. Maybe check to if anything is caught on your axles. See if the CV boot clip broke off and the boot is kinda flapping around on your axle. That might cause that. Kinda hard to diagnose, but I think you get the idea. Check all the moving part on your vehicle.

Last edited:

1998accordsirt

Reaction score
Have someone lightly rev the car for you, find the source of the sound. I was going to say a nail or something caught on your tires and cause these symptoms. Maybe check to if anything is caught on your axles. See if the CV boot clip broke off and the boot is kinda flapping around on your axle. That might cause that. Kinda hard to diagnose, but I think you get the idea. Check all the moving part on your vehicle.

How do you figure the above? You're kinda on the right track but many of the things probably wouldnt cause this noise or any for that matter.

I suppose a nail might make a noise but its not likely and eventually the head of the nail would be worn down or pressed in as deep as the tread around it.

A CV boot that is unclipped would not cause a strong, loud vibration in the floor pan and probably wouldnt make that much noise at all due to the large amount of grease that would be coating the outside of the boot as well as the components it splashed on.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
How do you figure the above? You're kinda on the right track but many of the things probably wouldnt cause this noise or any for that matter.

I suppose a nail might make a noise but its not likely and eventually the head of the nail would be worn down or pressed in as deep as the tread around it.

A CV boot that is unclipped would not cause a strong, loud vibration in the floor pan and probably wouldnt make that much noise at all due to the large amount of grease that would be coating the outside of the boot as well as the components it splashed on.

Well I know this from experience, that is why I suggested a cv boot. It will cause an unbalance of the axle at speeds above 30+ mph. It vibrated my whole car pretty bad. Remember how fast the wheels are spinning, even if one small weight falls off ur rim, u will feel it. Let alone, a 5 inch wide cv boot that is flapping around on the axle shaft.

Ohwell, I doubt its this anyways.

Last edited:
Back