Lower Car, or Add Lips?

Drami5

Reaction score
That's the thing, I don't want to slam it go low, i'd say maybe the most 2.5 in and that's pushing it.. around my areas there's alot of speed bumps and I don't want to get stuck there lol

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
Im lowered on ebay coils and ive got a half a finger wheel gap with 17s on. My car is low and i do scrap on high speed bumps. I still want a front lip.

phi1542

Reaction score
That's the thing, I don't want to slam it go low, i'd say maybe the most 2.5 in and that's pushing it.. around my areas there's alot of speed bumps and I don't want to get stuck there lol

With my Teins maxed out in the first picture with a front lip I don't scrape anywhere lol lowered 3" F and 2.6"R. I used to be like 4 inches or maybe more all around before on F2 Type 1. Scraped everywhere but never got stuck hahaha

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Sounds like you should either get a lip now and save up for proper suspension, or don't buy anything and save it all for a good suspension setup.

Check out the suspension review thread if you haven't already. No matter what you go with, I'd recommend making sure it has plenty of height adjustability because you never know what you'll do down the road.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
10464093_10100506631119689_1650125611263677287_n.jpg

lower.

'lips' suck.

Drami5

Reaction score
Sounds like you should either get a lip now and save up for proper suspension, or don't buy anything and save it all for a good suspension setup.

Check out the suspension review thread if you haven't already. No matter what you go with, I'd recommend making sure it has plenty of height adjustability because you never know what you'll do down the road.

-Tein Basis
Price: $665
Features: Adjustable height, comfortable ride
Spring rates: 7k front/4k rear
Lowers: 2.8 in front, 3.1 in rear

How about these? Not that expensive, plus looks like the inches are a good drop that wont get me stuck in bumps lol.

Why not just springs that lower the car like 2 in.?

Thanks

Varnell

Reaction score
I actually ran Tein Street Basis coils after deciding to take off my Eibach springs. They rode great. Didn't go low enough for me and went lower in the back. I had them at the lowest level and could clear speedbumps head on.

I went with FF2's after three months with Teins after I learned the springs were tapered and couldn't be made to go any lower with normal lowering springs.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
You can, I had H&R Race, it was like 2-1/4 (ish)

Still drove gravel fine which is worse than speed-bumps.

Had 'do-able' camber stock, just had to get it aligned (toe!).

10401253_534486483359_2515_n.jpg

Back