Lucus ATF fix!

Mr_Mrs_Beard

Reaction score
Have you guys used this? My girl car is downshifting hard to first gear. I want to know reviews with the honda auto slushbox.

finch13

Reaction score
Search around, you'll quickly find out the history of 98-02 slushboxes and that they're junk, especially the V6's.

Lucas makes good stuff, I've never used it myself, but they have a good rep. I'd drain and refill the transmission fluid with Honda ATF-Z1 first, then use the Lucas on the fresh fluid. Think of it as a band-aid, it's not going to really fix the transmission or extend it's life much.

Mr_Mrs_Beard

Reaction score
Yea I tried to search bro, all I saw was honda atf, I already changed tranny fluid with honda atf. I just wanted a fellow 6th gen review.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I did it, it worked to a certain extent but eventually I had to replace the transmission. Again what he said, its just a band aid to buy you some more time....

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
A lot of the Acura guys are using GM Synchromesh with great success. Not sure how it would work in an I4 Accord though.

12345349.gif

swollen_cu

Reaction score
People always come into my work place and always ask us this question. (i work at my dads transmission shop) Fix your problem before it comes worse. The earlier you check it out and fix it, the less costly the repair bill on the rebuilt transmission. The longer you wait, even by using transmission fluid additives, the more time you give shlt to wear out and break, and that will lead to a higher repair bill.

Just giving my 0.02 cents....

Back