Maryland Members Possible Help?

runningpanda

Reaction score
Not anything more than out of a spray can.
I want to learn how to paint for real this summer. I'd like to make the paint job for the accord look at least decent, even if it's going to look ratty over all.

cudablack2004

Reaction score
well word of advice! cuz i can paint a little only on small panels though! 1. make sure u paint a panel at a time bro! nice even coats and make sure u wet sand after the second coat and apply the last one!

runningpanda

Reaction score
Sounds good to me, it'll probably be a little while before I allot all of the tools and stuff needed for a respray, though.

Question. If I were to buy the coilovers within, say, a month, would you be able to help me one day to install these suckers? It's a hypothetical right now, but I may be able to nab these guys with some cash coming in at the end of the semester.

runningpanda

Reaction score
Yeah, no sweat. I'm not expecting you to drop your stuff and help. It'll be whenever you're available and willing. I'm totally in the dark right now, so I'm doing some homework and trying to get a clearer idea of what will be happening.

I also totally overlooked the shipping cost (40).

What about these?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2485wt_906

Or these.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NRG-...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_4919wt_1099

I may just dish out the extra for shipping and get the megan racing ones, but if they are all the same thing in retrospect, then would these be okay?

Last edited:

cudablack2004

Reaction score
either get the megan racing ones or the nrg's bomz racing sells good solid products but cant vouch for the quality!:)

01ULEVTW

Reaction score
So, "dump it", is what I'm hearing? Haha.
I mean, I'm working on a budget, ya'll.
Here are my options:
Cut springs
Buy KSports
Buy Coilovers off ebay

Right now, new shocks are out of the budget. I'll get them when I get the money, but for right now I want to go low, and I'll work with what money I have, but it isn't much.
So right now, it sounds like the best idea for my budget are coilovers. Of course, cutting springs wouldn't cost anything except to rent the compressor, but I don't hear good things about cut springs (although I haven't heard bad things from the people who've cut theirs) but that doesn't mean they aren't bad. They just haven't run into any problems...yet.

I would search the Suspension,Wheels and Tires subforum, or the Product Review thread - you get what you pay for, just remember that. You will be much better off saving up for quality and not regretting it later. I just switched my car up to Bilstein sport shocks & H&R race springs because i wanted to go lower, even though i already spent ~$800 for shocks and springs. I'm a broke college student too.

Took me almost a year to save up for this swap. The car handles and rides really nice, and looks good too. Was it cheap? No. Either way, i wouldn't ever take a chance with your own physical safety by cutting springs.....just save up your money and buy something that's reputable with quality assurance. Is your safety + ? amount of $$$ in repairs worth saving $500 bucks? Good luck.

cudablack2004

Reaction score
thats why i was advising megan racing coilovers or the nrg ones....either route is good and u dont have to spend over 150 bucks...cant get better than that...800 suspension is for road race vehicles or drag vehicles not nothing you drive from your house to work...its pointless!:ohyou:

01ULEVTW

Reaction score
thats why i was advising megan racing coilovers or the nrg ones....either route is good and u dont have to spend over 150 bucks...cant get better than that...800 suspension is for road race vehicles or drag vehicles not nothing you drive from your house to work...its pointless!:ohyou:

Because you've worked for NHRA and the SCCA, right? :rolleyes:

OP, look into coilovers. You'll be able to go as low as you want. After you decide your budget, i would ask the more senior members than myself who actually own them.

Back