Melted wire harness

SoliderISS

Reaction score
I have an 01 Sedan 5spd 2.3L and the car shuts off randomly as I drive. There's no warning to when the car turns off, it just shuts off. Taken to my mechanic to get looked at and he said everything is mechanically sound. My mechanic thinks it's electric wiring in the dash somewhere. Took it to my local Honda dealership and they found the car is mechanical good and nothing wrong. When I picked my car up from Honda dealership, they said it might be the aftermarket distributor or alarm system. So I took it to shop that deals with any car electronics to. Get it looked at (car was dropped off as of 5/29/15, and they have not looked at it yet.) after I dropped car off, read Honda mechanics notes and says they found a melted with harness under distributor and a melted connector to the ECT sensor. (They didn't tell me when I picked up the car) could the melted wiring and connector cause the car to shut off?

SoliderISS

Reaction score
Car shuts off and does not come one. Everything works. The car cranks very well and sounds likes it really wants to start but doesn't. The only thing I know when it starts is the engine light will appear, with all the other dash lights when I turn the key to 2nd position. If the engine light does not show with the other lights then I know the car won't start. I can hit the dash sometimes and the engine light pops on and I hear the fuel pump run and I can start the car then. Honda dealer said my ignition switch is good. i might go back and check though.

SoliderISS

Reaction score
Well if the wire harness is melted I need to replace that and it should start right away correct? And I having all my electrical checked cuz this problem being happening for over a month and I been through 3 distributors and other parts trying to fix it.

SoliderISS

Reaction score
Read online a damaged ECT wiring and connector can cause the car to shut off.

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
As mentioned before, test the wire continuity and also, mentioned by James'99, inspect the main relay; read thread link posted.

SoliderISS

Reaction score
Main relay is fine and testing connectivity today hopefully. And when try to find codes to located the problem, no codes check out and car seems 100%

Back