Might be obtaining a...Suggestions

Skyy

Reaction score
I was looking for transmissions for my car locally, when I came across this:

http://www.royalmotorsalesky.com/vehicledetails.aspx?VID=128544244

I talked him down to 7, and Im getting 4000 for my car without the coilovers and rims.

My tranny is starting to hang in first, which I fear is one of the first signs of tranny failure. Instead of dishing out the 3 grand for a rebuild or the 4 grand for a swap, I feel like im getting a better deal here.

In everyone's opinion, would you go about this?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: Might be obtaining a CLS6

Looks like they converted the exhaust to single outlet, I see an SRI...what else has been modified? If the car is not too heavily modified, and you are tired of the Accord, could be a good investment. Price seems a tad high for the mileage, but if you are getting $4k for your car you're sitting well.

Last edited:

knighthawk1104

Reaction score

i would. it looks really clean. doesn't seem like the guy modded the engine. tls wheels are a good look on it.

Skyy

Reaction score

Looks like they converted the exhaust to single outlet, I see an SRI...what else has been modified? If the car is not too heavily modified, and you are tired of the Accord, could be a good investment. Price seems a tad high for the mileage though.

Conversion from dual to singe, and SRI is all I could really see. Im definitely going to get ahold of the previous owner and see what he can tell me, along with the carfax.

redlinevtec

Reaction score

I say go for it. Try to go a bit lower. But mileage isn't that bad. I agree with you, the V6 autotragic is garbage. Go for this! (too bad this wasn't complete in a junk yard for you)

knighthawk1104

Reaction score

Looks like they converted the exhaust to single outlet, I see an SRI...what else has been modified? If the car is not too heavily modified, and you are tired of the Accord, could be a good investment. Price seems a tad high for the mileage though.

a lot of people get an intake and stop at that. let's hope he did too.

Skyy

Reaction score

I say go for it. Try to go a bit lower. But mileage isn't that bad. I agree with you, the V6 autotragic is garbage. Go for this! (too bad this wasn't complete in a junk yard for you)

Oh baby...I would be ecstatic if that were the case...

a lot of people get an intake and stop at that. let's hope he did too.

That's what Im thinking.

It sounded perfect, no smoke, shifts accordingly, etc.

Not to mention its freakin' scary to drive

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Might be obtaining a CLS6

Looks great! And for a 8 year old car that's the average mileage of any commuter.

My 01 TL had 160k and still pulls strong!

Back