Might have found me a new car, opions wanted

The Phantum

Reaction score
So today I stumble upon a 98 Accord EX sedan, VTEC motor, 5spd trans and everything works on the car. I have been wanting one in the Black Current Pearl since I started looking for a 6th Generation. The car is garage kept and has been used for going from NOVA to Washington D.C. He lowered the price to $3,800 and after test driving I tried to get it cheaper, wouldn't budge below $3,500. So tonight I get a phone call and tells me to bring him $3,000 cash or certified bank check and it's mine. Said he could tell I really wanted and wants it to go to a good home. The car had 182,455 on the speedo after driving it. Here are some pics of her. Wanted to get everyone's thoughts if $3,000 is a steal or not? I like the fact he cleaned the car and detailed it. Also if you notice the engine wasn't cleaned or detail, looks well taken care of. The car drives awesome too!!

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

Last edited:

Darianjr1

Reaction score
It looks pretty dang good and well kept to me though Id say for 3 stacks thats a fairly decent price...

Darianjr1

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking too. He took it off Craigslist, going to be gone this weekend so I can pick it up Tuesday.

damnn right and still double check all the knooks and crannies.. especially the tranny and make sure the clutch is in good shape

The Phantum

Reaction score
damnn right and still double check all the knooks and crannies.. especially the tranny and make sure the clutch is in good shape

The clutch works great, no strange noises either. I drove it around downtown Fredericksburg, then rt 17 and then a 15 min ride on I-95. After all that I took it a buddies of my shop and put it on a lift. The under carriage looks good too. Doesn't look like it ever hit any thing or bottom out. Just may need a muffler soon, no biggie first thing I was going to do any way was replace it lol Looks like he drove it a lot going to Washington D.C.:driving:

Darianjr1

Reaction score
The clutch works great, no strange noises either. I drove it around downtown Fredericksburg, then rt 17 and then a 15 min ride on I-95. After all that I took it a buddies of my shop and put it on a lift. The under carriage looks good too. Doesn't look like it ever hit any thing or bottom out. Just may need a muffler soon, no biggie first thing I was going to do any way was replace it lol Looks like he drove it a lot going to Washington D.C.:driving:

well you look all good to go bro get that thang and join the family...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
What about maintenance records, etc? And did you pull a carfax? I would definitely look into those two things, especially on a car with 182k miles.

The Phantum

Reaction score
What about maintenance records, etc? And did you pull a carfax? I would definitely look into those two things, especially on a car with 182k miles.

Records, yes Carfax no, good idea though. Gonna look into it, thanks for reminding me about that!!

Edit: Says 24 records!! I know most will be registration stuff, dealer and maybe auto auction records. See if he can provide one if not guess I'll do 5 in case I find more.

Last edited:

eggs

Reaction score
check the clutch on it also, put the car in 5th gear and slowly get off the clutch if the car tries to stall right away the clutch is good, if it takes a while to grab then the clutch could be on its way out.

Back