Mike's 02 Accord coupe V6

Mikeymike823

Reaction score
paint the spokes to match the car, keep the lip polished/silver

rattle cans for that color are online, get 3 for safety, their usually small ones, so 1 to coat, 1 to finish, plus a spare. I'd go for 2 of the large cans if you find them, 3/4 to coat, 1/2 to finish, 1/2 as spare, 1/4 to snort ;)

I'm going to polish the whole wheel today like this. Probably will start later

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Hmmm, I'm not sure about full polished, but that's just my opinion.

I like wheels with a polished lip/painted spokes, like 'in honor' of old 3-piece wheels, or steelies, basically. As far as paint scheme...anyone can like anything.

Mikeymike823

Reaction score
Hmmm, I'm not sure about full polished, but that's just my opinion.

I like wheels with a polished lip/painted spokes, like 'in honor' of old 3-piece wheels, or steelies, basically. As far as paint scheme...anyone can like anything.

My old wheels were polished. So i want to try polishing these. I think they would look good polished. My trims are chrome and along with my emblems.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
My old wheels were polished. So i want to try polishing these. I think they would look good polished. My trims are chrome and along with my emblems.
Some say, polished wheels are a bit tough to have them maintained (keep them shiny). And I heard that polished / chrome wheels are difficult to be repaired from the curb rashes. But since you've owned them before, you know how that goes then. ;) Can't wait to see more blings on her!

dwills1992

Reaction score
Hey guys! So here is my 02 accord. It started off as a stock black coupe then eventually things changed and she got a whole complete makeover haha 118k original miles and counting. Glad to be apart of the site! Well hope you like her :)

Looks tight. I'm getting the raceland coils too tomorrow. Are you maxed out? I have the 4cyl coupe se. Do you think 17x9 would look good? I'm thinking a 3inch drop, which is what they are maxed at, will get me a good fitment. My offset will be +20 on my ccw reps. Wonder if you can remove lock rings to go a bit lower.

Mikeymike823

Reaction score
Looks tight. I'm getting the raceland coils too tomorrow. Are you maxed out? I have the 4cyl coupe se. Do you think 17x9 would look good? I'm thinking a 3inch drop, which is what they are maxed at, will get me a good fitment. My offset will be +20 on my ccw reps. Wonder if you can remove lock rings to go a bit lower.

Yes are mine are maxed out. 17x9 will fit pretty good. Mine are 18x9 and they sit pretty good. I'll be getting my camber kit so i can run my 8mm spacers for the rear so they sit more flush.
I looked into the whole removing one lock ring but i never actually did it because I'd have to take off my coilovers to get the bottom ring off . so i didn't bother to try it. Here are some pics so you get a better idea of fitment and heigh

Oh and guys, i polished the wheels but need to do a couple more rounds

dwills1992

Reaction score
Nice! looks like your car is sitting a bit lower than it was in the original post. Coils had some time to settle im assuming. I'm going to run mine for 2 weeks, roll fenders before I put the wheels. I got +20 offset going on so I went an got a camber kit ahead of time lol

xci.ed6

Reaction score
n71802238_31820453_1782.jpg

17x9, I guess at one point I liked 'polished' (these were actually 'chrome' look paint)

The car then was on H&R Race Drop springs, not coilovers. No camber kit, it was in spec.

Last edited:
Back