Mikey's 2001 V6 Coupe

Mikey

Reaction score
Fine, I guess I’ll settle for a pic of your steering wheel.
Im pretty sure Ive posted that, too. If not here, then on Facebook. Just in case...

421414_10150507180961463_561646462_9195965_676916408_n.jpg

I know FunnyVictor wants different wheels, I bet he’d sell his HFP’s to you. Not sure if they’re the same ones pictured though. Either way they’re nice. RDX wheels?
I'll have to look at them. I think they wont fit. Not sure why but I thought I remember talking to him about his wheels once... And yes, 19x8(or 8.5) RDX wheels. Hell, they might even be 7.5. They're only +45 though so they'll fit like a glove. They've just been discontinued and are a ***** to find, for cheap. Plus 19" tires arent cheap either. :(

Mikey

Reaction score
Chris, mine still works. *Knock on wood*

It makes a funny little noise when changing from CD1 to CD6 and vice versa but from 1>2, 2>3, etc it doesnt do it. Hopefully itll hold out til I get my AVIC. Who knows when that'll be, lol. I just need to stumble upon like $2500. Lol.

Mikey

Reaction score
Well, we'd all love to stumble upon a couple mil, as would I. I wouldnt mind just a few grand though. Get me over the hump for a while, lol.

Mikey

Reaction score
Yellow Lamin-X and Broadway mirror(270mm blue flat) acquired. Doin work, after work. :naughty:

Mikey

Reaction score
And what are you tinting yellow?
Gonna try it on my fogs. See how it turns out. I make a lot of road trips and on my last one I picked up a rock chip in the DS fog. So, Ima see if these not only help with color but with protection against chips as well.

Mikey, what happened with the heated/pf mirror situation?
Ugh. I.....let it go. Lol. Ive got the wiring diagrams for both US and CA mirrors. I just need a few things.

The pigtails on the mirrors are different. Id either have to re-wire the mirrors or re-wire the door side. I cant remember. I'd need a roll or two of wire and Id have to get up under the dash and find a passenger relay box and a driver side relay box.

Here's the diagrams. Pardon the crude photos of them...

IMAG0103.jpg
IMAG0104.jpg

They're identical until you start dealing with the defogger in the mirrors. Id more than likely need a diag of the entire dashboard to find those relays or know what's what. And I HATE messing with wiring. Ive not given up completely, but, there's a lot involved, including painting the mirrors. And Im just not sure Im ready and willing to put forth the effort just yet. It's not exactly a selling point later on down the road and Im not even sure if this can be undone once I hook them up, so, that's another thing Im looking at. Goes back to the whole idea of being able to return the car to as close to stock if/when I ever sell it.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I hear you, but props for ar least going through the steps to see all what is involved and making a decision.

The "measure twice, cut once" approach....saves alot of headache down the road.

Back