Misfire?

schmiddr2

Reaction score
Car starts
Idles with a miss
Revs just as bad as idle with lower power than normal
Car never dies

I had spark. That's what confused me. I checked each one by pulling them off the spark plug one at a time and each one made the engine run worse. I checked that the plug wires were seated properly at both ends and they were. The plugs even looked ok, not covered in gas. So I think a plug wire had a break in it and was making a poor connection but a connection nonetheless, so it was not as obvious as I assumed it would be.

And from my reading, the top half of the intake has to be removed to get to egr port. Means taking off sensors, iacv, intake piping, and maybe more. All in the back of the engine bay. For what I call a "beater" car it's not worth it for me.

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
If it isn't worth fixing the ports, do an 'egr delete' aka: block airflow through the valve.

I can't hear it run, so my daily tool is a bluetooth obd adapter & 'Torque' on an android phone. Look at it all and post it. Like temp measurements & actual temp (of engine & air).

schmiddr2

Reaction score
I just bought Torque and an OBD2 bluetooth device. Pretty neat, but I need to input my car data correctly because it was pretty far off on some things.

I plan on selling this car soon and keeping my 2003 Avalon. So I don't think I'll mess with the EGR on the Accord and it still runs good after changing the plug wires.

schmiddr2

Reaction score
Speed, RPM, and something else. I only tried it for a few minutes so I'm not sure if I didn't something wrong other than not inputting all the information on the vehicle.

ryannel2003

Reaction score
My car started misfiring last night when it was cold, but once it warmed up it ran perfectly fine. My brother has my scanner so I ran to Advance and had them run the codes and it was a P0302 and P1399. Cleared them and the car ran great; went to movies, car sat for 2 hours and it ran rough afterwards. Same codes.

Like someone mentioned I ran the car and unplugged each coil pack one by one and #2 cylinder made no difference in how the car ran. Purchased new coil pack and installed 6 new NGK plugs and the car runs fantastic. Old coil pack was pretty arched.

Back