Mods close thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
Re: James' 850whp Turbo "Stock" J36 Build

Were those seats molded to fit you? That's the direction that all the racers are going now-a-days. The Joie-of-Seating makes really good ones that are about the safest thing you can sit in.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score

Kirkey seats are about the best racing seat there is. Good choice!

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Were those seats molded to fit you? That's the direction that all the racers are going now-a-days. The Joie-of-Seating makes really good ones that are about the safest thing you can sit in.

You can buy kirkey's anywhere. Usually Summit Racing, Jeg's, basically any shop that sells parts or does work can probably get or sell kirkey seats

iHazSnail

Reaction score

Since I still have a whole turbo kit in my basement (XS Power with a Godspeed 70 trim turbo and legit brand everything else) i may just throw that on. its just sitting collecting dust.

All this work to use that garbage? Why would you want to do that? Judging from your posts money does not seem to be an issue here then why crappy turbo?

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score

You can buy kirkey's anywhere. Usually Summit Racing, Jeg's, basically any shop that sells parts or does work can probably get or sell kirkey seats

I guess you didn't get it molded to fit you, that was my question. I know where you can buy them lol. Race car drivers I know use Kirkey, Butler Built, and Joie-of-Seating in their race cars. Most have them molded to fit their bodies in case of an accident.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score

The whole idea in a racecar is to reduce the amount that the human body moves during an accident. Most racecar drivers have seats that are molded personally to their bodies. That way, if the car got upside down, etc., the movement of the driver is extremely limited; thus reducing the possibility of head and neck injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back