Moonroof drain r&r

JaredLeduck

Reaction score
When it rains or the snow melts i have water that goes down my passenger moon roof drain and the passege is broken. It leaks water onto control modules by the glove box. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so how would i go upon replacing the drain?

JaredLeduck

Reaction score
Im going to school to be a tech and all the databases we use tell me to take it all apart and pull the tube out like that but i wasn't sure if their is an easier way

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score
You mean stuff is leaking inside the car? Yeah I have this problem too. A simple fix I looked up is open up the sunroof all the way and take a pressurized air hose and you'll see two holes near the front of the sunroof. Blow air through those holes and it should free up some clogged debris from inside that causes it to leak inside.

todd_cards

Reaction score
Nope. Listen. Well this was my issue. Get under your steering wheel there is a hose that has probably been disconnected and is pointing inside the car. Put it out!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

JaredLeduck

Reaction score
I've been wanting to use an air hose to blow down it and see if that would fix it, I'm just procrastinating. The leak is on the passenger side.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
AIf it leaks inside the sunroof prolly clogged. Panel, prolly 'broke'.

We used a flex thing and pushed **** out, Recall on vws. old long speedo cables pulled out of the sheeth, followed by water in a cup, so it's not in the car.

If it's a break you can probly see/fix it by pullin the a-pillar cover.

JaredLeduck

Reaction score
I'm hoping it's just clogged and a little compressed air will fix it, if it doesn't work I'll let you guys know

danmccormick87

Reaction score
Nope. Listen. Well this was my issue. Get under your steering wheel there is a hose that has probably been disconnected and is pointing inside the car. Put it out!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Could this be why whenever it rains and my car is just sitting parekd. my driver side carpet keeps getting wet?

Back