Moonroof...

SomethingRandom

Reaction score
I have always been curious, It feels like my moonroof doesnt open as far as it should. From the outside there's always 3-4inches that doesn't fully retract away. Is this common? I always figured it was likely a design thing which is unfortunate as the women in the back seat can't fit out :p

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Yeah. *****es complain when they want to hang out of it, but it doesn't go back all the way haha

SomethingRandom

Reaction score
Hahahaha, that was fast, I always get it from the backseat when they realize it won't go back any further, might have to pull the headliner off and see what I can do about extending the rails as a DIY :boink:

Mikey

Reaction score
IDK if it's a design flaw or not but the 6G moonroofs definitely don't go back as far as other Accords. The one in my 4G went ALL THE WAY BACK. I think like one inch of the opening was blocked. Then again mine was a sedan.

Is yours a coupe or sedan? That might have something to do with it.

SomethingRandom

Reaction score
Great signature SomethingRandom!
Hahaha, thanks man, I'd say its custom, but I stole it off the interwebz :D

IDK if it's a design flaw or not but the 6G moonroofs definitely don't go back as far as other Accords. The one in my 4G went ALL THE WAY BACK. I think like one inch of the opening was blocked. Then again mine was a sedan.

Is yours a coupe or sedan? That might have something to do with it.
98 coupe, took a closer look just at the fitment about 20m after I put this thread up and there MIGHT be enough room in the roof to extend the rails another 3-4 inches at best, won't know for sure til I pull the headliner later this week and see what kind of s**t's behind it. Has anyone ever done a California sunroof on a 6ga? now THAT would be something to see...

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Ideas are cheap. But it would make one hell of a custom project if you have the time, money, and probably another car. Money may not even be the issue, rather a second car, time, and craftsmenship.

Back