Moroso battery killswitch wiring

turboaccord98

Reaction score
I just got my killswitch, wiring kit and battery box and I'm trying to figure out how to wire this ish. There are so many different ways to do this and I've searched on Honda-tech and all kinds of other forums but cannot get a straight answer. From what I've read I know the power wire has to be cut off by the switch and the alternator and starter both must be cut to turn the car off and be NHRA/IHRA legal. The wiring diagram that came with the switch does not make sense to me.

morososhutoff.jpg

It seems to me like the alternator would still be powered since it is on the same side of the switch as the wire coming from the battery. What do you guys think?

sikjdm

Reaction score
from the looks of the wiring diagram it does seem like the alternator would be powered since it is on the power side and the alternator has it's own ground from it..

honestly, if drag racing regulations dictate that both have to be cut then yea it's a problem but for everyday driving..the starter wire being cut off from power seems good enough.. :lawl:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
I would do what the company's instructions say to do..thats a well known brand,so i would hope they know what they are talking about and im sure its not any difference cutting power from car to car.. Just my opinion..
but good luck

turboaccord98

Reaction score
I just found another thread on honda-tech about this and they said the same thing as the moroso diagram but rather than the wire going to the starter, it goes to the dist. block where the stock pos. cable goes. This is starting to make sense I just dont like the idea of the alternator wire being "hot" all the time. Some people recommended using a relay on that wire. I'd just like to be sure I'm doing it right before I start cutting my $70 battery cables.

Back